Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 1.1.3 for AT&T Users

i simply cannot WAIT to get home from work and try this! i've been looking for an all intensive guide to jailbreak my 1.1.3 version phone and this is the only one that i've found that has a good sucess rate! i have ATT and i activated my phone through itunes, so i think i'm in a good spot....will any changes to my plan be made? I.E. the unlimited data, unlimited SMS....will i have to reset them in my after jailbreaking?
    also Shift+Click.....does that mean hold shift and click the mouse?
    stupid sounding question i know, but i want to be sure....

[quote
    Requirements:
    [LIST][*]Wireless Internet[*]Windows XP
    [/quote]

I am using mac OSX (of course!) is this jailbreak guide only for windows users??????????
    Last edited by jailbait28; 2008-03-07 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

hey say i tried to upgrade y jailbroken 1.1.2 to .1.3 through installer.app and my auto lock was not set to never and my iphone is now on the screen that has the plug going to the itunes icon and when i plug it into my computer it says that its damaged and i need to take it to apple store what should i do ican still make and recieve calls can u help me out any???? thank you

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This original post was last updated on 2/14.... alot has happened since then. Are all of the steps identified in the first post still required for a 8/16GB OTB 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 with 4.6BL, AT&T and Itunes activated? There are so many threads and so many post, which some much differenct information. With Ziphone and Iplus being in use for a while can either be used safely, no downgrades, for just a jailbreak or do I have to go through a restore and activation process using one of these third party softwares?

Call me dumb, say I haven't looked but if you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-03-13 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    This original post was last updated on 2/14.... alot has happened since then. Are all of the steps identified in the first post still required for a 8/16GB OTB 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 with 4.6BL, AT&T and Itunes activated? There are so many threads and so many post, which some much differenct information. With Ziphone and Iplus being in use for a while can either be used safely, no downgrades, for just a jailbreak or do I have to go through a restore and activation process using one of these third party softwares?

Call me dumb, say I haven't looked but if you could point me in the right direction ti would be appreciated.
    I followed these guide originally to jailbreak and upgrade to 1.1.3 using AT&T and my phone works perfect... but I'd like to upgrade to 1.1.4... what are the steps to do this the right away?
    Is there a new guide?

I jailbroke my iphone using this exact guide but i have no AT&T symbol at the top of my phone and therefore can't make any calls. Any ideas what i should do next.

There's a fix for that very problem. It's in the guide near the bottom. I copied and pasted it for you. Hope it helps.

Fixing No Reception
    Note: This set of instructions is to be started once you have compeleted all the steps from the guide. You should be at the 1.1.3 FW and jailbroken.

1.Open the Installer App on your iPhone.
    2.Tap on Install
    3.Tap on All Packages
    4.Find and install OpenSSH
    5.Once you have OpenSSH installed, return to the iPhone home screen.
    6.Wait a couple of minutes (2-3) to allow the SSH keys to be generated.
    7.Start WinSCP on your computer.
    8.Type you iPhone's IP Address in the Host name field.
    9.Type root in the User name field.
    10.Type alpine in the Password field.
    11.Click Login
    12.In a few minutes, a warning message will pop up about the SSH keys, click OK.
    13.On the left hand side of WinSCP, navigate to where you downloaded the lockdownd file.
    14.On the right hand side of WinSCP, navigate to /usr/libexec
    15.Rename lockdownd to lockdownd_bkup on your iPhone (in the right pane).
    16.Drage the lockdownd file from the left pane to the right pane.
    Note: Ensure that the right pane is in fact, /usr/libexec
    17.Right click the lockdownd file in the right pane and click on Properties
    18.In the permissions area, check all the boxes in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd columns.
    19.Click OK
    20.Right click on the lockdownd file in the right pane again and verify that check boxes are checked and the numerical read out on the bottom says 0777.
    21.Disconnect from your iPhone in WinSCP.
    22.Close iTunes
    23.Reboot your iPhone
    24.Once your iPhone has booted back up, open iTunes back up.
    25.Your phone should activate instantly.

You're Done!!!!
    Last edited by NiteStar; 2008-03-22 at 08:41 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617