Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak 1.1.3 for AT&T Users

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloRnX View Post
    Well right now im trying to jailbreak my iphone

i am using EffeXTC's tutorial and am at this part

Jailbreaking 1.1.2

Here are a few short steps to jailbreak 1.1.2

Ensure that your iPhone is connected to your computer.
    Close iTunes.
    Click on Start -> Run and type in taskmgr and click OK
    Click on the Processes tab and select iTunesHelper.exe and click End Process.
    Click on Yes to the error message.
    Next, run the 1.1.2 jailbreak (windows.bat).
    Do NOT select "Install SSH". Just click on Jailbreak
    This will take a while, just let it do it's thing.
    Let it reboot your phone a couple of times.

You will now have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone. You will still have the "Incorrect SIM" message. Don't worry about it. We're getting there.

im WAS at "just click on jailbreak" i let it run and it loaded all the way but didnt say finsh or anything...so i clicked to look back at the guide and then the loading box was gone but the cmd screen was still up.
    i then looked at my iphone and it said "incorrect sim" and it says "slide for emergency" and whne i slide it the keypad comes up!!
    what should i do !! please help im stuck and have repeated the 1.1.2 jailbreak (window.bat) and it gives me the same thing

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ASAP!! thank you

would anyone be able to answer this??

is it an Original Iphone (AT&T, O2 ..etc) simcard? this tutorial is for phones that is activated with Itunes, that is why you don't need to install the ssh.. if not then you'll have to install the SSH with the jailbreak and then upload a cracked Lockdown file, you'll find it in the forum ..

Good Luck

Oh by the way .. is the Dev Team website Down!! .. the site is down and the upgrader software is DAMN slow ..

Just to let everyone know i just did this on my 1.1.2OTB UK iPhone and it worked Flawlessly

Thanks

Sweet now Jailbroken on 1.1.3, next step unlocking this little wonder

EDIT: DOH!! spoke too soon, rebooted the phone and now i have no carrier signal

DOUBLE EDIT: Ok weird but it seems to have worked itself out with a full signal and now syncing with my itunes, might be a bit buggy

Ill keep it for a day or two and see what happens, otherwise ill be back to the official 1.1.3 to wait a bit longer, cross fingers she's all ok now :i
    Last edited by B1naryBand1t; 2008-02-08 at 08:37 PM.

Default What should I do at this point??
    started with a jailbroken 1.1.1. Everything has gone smoothly up to now. I'm doing the official 1.1.3 soft upgrade (it's been running a long time) and it's at the "Writing Image" stage. it got to 23% about 15 minutes ago and has not budged. Also, the little loading circle seems to have froze, and now a smaller one is on top of it and just a little lower, but is still animating.

Any ideas?

Could it just be that the screen stopped refreshing and that it may be on the "Attempting to reboot" stage that sometimes needs a manual reboot?

Thanks in advance!

Followed the guide to the letter and it worked great on my otb Locked 1.0.2 activated thru itunes. Everything is working great !!! Thanks

iPhone wont go back to the "Slide For Emergency" screen after "Dial *#306# and call, then hang up."

I know it says it might take a minute...but it's been 5...

EDIT: Fixed...hit the sleep button and it worked...

~Gooda~
    Last edited by Havegooda; 2008-02-09 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    something to add to the method:

for those of you starting this process from 1.1.3, its true that you have to register it as a new phone, thus you can only sync your contacts from outlook without actually restoring from a saved backup

HOWEVER, before starting this process, you can backup your library folder via WINSCP. This would be under privatevarrootLibrary. This contains your address book, texts, safari bookmarks, Youtube bookmarks, notes, call history, and other things depending on what other software you have installed.

Then, when you are done with the whole process, you can just upload whatever you want to upload. just remember, the new library folder is under privatevarmobileLibrary. Just remember, within each of these folders is a .db file. This is what you want to upload.

Could someone please expand on this method? I have downloaded WinSCP, but I'm honestly not quite sure how to use it. I would really appreciate some sort of walk-through to backing up library folders with this program, because...well, if possible I'd prefer not to lose all of my notes and texts. (If it's too much trouble I'll just take the plunge and lose it all, but I thought I'd check here first) Thanks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

man i love u ppl i have been reading this thread

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454
    v missleading... but i accidently vent through all 26 pages n one of the pages had link ot this topic n followed the steps n it worked i have my 1.1.2 unlocked without turbo sim so after that i am trying to upgrad to 1.1.3 its been updating n installin g for past 1 hr so yes it takes time and i am patient for it slow n steady wins the games i have my fingers crossed n hopefully it will work out ... i will repost hwo things went after its done v nice tutorial as a give if u ppl want free 1 year offshore hosting plzz email me at [email protected] and showing my proof that u r owner of this site i will give u free 1year offshore hosting as my gift to u ppl who helped my in my iphone

replay wohooo it works thank you for ppl who made this 1.1.3 jail break possible

sorry for that it happened 1 min after i posted it reply anyhow there is a problem

when u install bsd system on it it locks it again any help one that plzz and u need to jail break it like u have to in upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 << is there any thing if not iam redoing every thing again to test it ...

also after the 1.1.3 upgrade every thing worked find i made a call n it worked it was locked when i upgraded to bsd system so i can install appolo so i could use the messengers ..

also i didn't get the new features that 1.1.3 had to offer :-l

i am not sure if i did some thing wrong but i am doing it again to test it ... plzz help on the last step thanks

nop ppl its not working with me when i am installing bsd system in my 1.1.3 its getting same problem ((((

some one plzz help
    i had 1.1.2 otb now i have 1.1.2 unlocked i re did every thing .. n didn't upgrade to 1.1.3 till some one fix that problem ...
    Last edited by PAKIS-RULEZ; 2008-02-09 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

THANKS A BUNCH, ive been waiting for a jailbreak for 1.1.3 otb

Got it jailbroken and on 1.1.3 activated, thanks!

PS: Works perfectly on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

~Gooda~

Is this for 1.1.3 OTB?! please answer! My phone is already activated too

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks. Once i got iphone into DFU Mode it was easy from there. Just one question. Is it safe to install Customize and lanuch it or should i wait? Just dont want to have to restore again.

Dear all... my iPhone is alredy Unlock By turbo sim the Vr. is OTB 1.1.2 Boot loader 4.6 by the wrong i do it update now the phone is locked also i can't Downgrade to 1.1.1 i see this Error i attached the image in this error if the phone not inter to DFU but actually my phone in DFU mode So please how can i fixed this problem please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -restor-error.jpg  
    3G iPhone 8G Unlock by yellowsn0w

DFU is all about timing

Talking Great Job
    I have been trying for about a week to hack 1.1.3, and your guide did it perfectly. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Hmm, Ibreak doesn't boot my phone. I am using Windows Vista! Damnit. Ive tried a billion times...Itunes recognizes it but Ibreak wont...

Slide the Slide for emergency bar to get to the number pad.
    Dial *#306# and call, then hang up.
    Note: After dialing *#306# your phone may say "Please Wait..." for minute. Just be patient. It will bring you back to the Slide for emergency screen.
    Slide the Slide for emergency bar again.
    Dial 0 and call
    Then hit Answer
    Then hit Hold
    Then hit Decline
    You shold now be at the phone app for you iPhone. Tap the Contacts button.
    Add a new contact.
    Create a URL for the contact and type prefs:
    Create a new URL for the contact and type jailbreakme.com
    Save your new contact.
    Tap on the prefs: URL.

every step un til "tap on prefs: URL" works...
    what do i need to do for this part?

Note: After dialing *#306# your phone may say "Please Wait..." for minute. Just be patient. It will bring you back to the Slide for emergency screen.
    Dial 0 and call
    Then hit Answer
    Then hit Hold
    Then hit Decline
    Add a new contact.
    Save your new contact.

Dial 0 and call
    Then hit Answer
    Then hit Hold
    Then hit Decline
    Add a new contact.
    Save your new contact.

Last edited by MAGIK24; 2008-02-09 at 09:12 PM.

I followed the process in downgrading to the 1.1.1 firmware twice but once the Error Code (1015) on the screen it shows the cable needing to plug into itunes. from there, it said for me to use ibrickr to boot the phone back up but when i run ibrickr it won't even detect my iphone. and i get this problem:
    ex_phonequalify
    s_iPhoneInterface
    s_Logging in restore.log: 0
    s_I NEED A WAY TO EXIT THIS MODE
    s_To exit, you need to do a full restore
    r_recovery
    s_readvalue ProductVersion: 0
    r_recovery
    s_system echo iPhone found: 0
    r_recovery

Can anyone help me please???

Thank you! Everything worked great! My only question is, how do I get my contacts back on my phone? I synced my phone before doing all this, but I have no option to restore my contacts.

Thank you! Everything worked great! My only question is, how do I get my contacts back on my phone? I synced my phone before doing all this, but I have no option to restore my contacts.
    Last edited by whistler; 2008-02-09 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast