Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 upgrade: how long does it take? been taking a while now

Default 1.1.3 upgrade: how long does it take? been taking a while now
    I am waiting 45 minutes already, it went through a bunch of steps just fine (typically it would say what it was doing eg writing disk image)

Then it went dark for a few minutes (status bar still present) and suddenly there came the spinning wheel, and has been sitting there for about 20 minutes or so..

Since it's not saying what is going on like the steps before, and not showing %, I think there's something wrong?? Can anyone confirm pls?

and for people's ease of mind: I would suggest that when something like this upgrade get's manufactured, the user should be able to find this kind of information (which visual steps the procedure takes, and how long)...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Some upgrades have taken as long as 90 minutes. If its still sitting there after 90 minutes do a reset (hold Home and Sleep until it restarts), and try again, unless it did take and you see you're in 1.1.3 when you restart.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Ok, and can you confirm that the spinning wheel is the normal last step?

Same thing happened to me...Spinning pinwheel, never stopped.

Make sure you have auto-lock set to never.

I had to end up hard resetting (home and sleep buttons) until it shut off.

Rebooted the phone and did the install again and worked like a charm.

yep, Did the hard reset and worked.

Allthough, youtube says I have to connect to itunes, and also I first updated my installer, then went straight to install summerboard new version. Installed some themes but they don't show when I open SMB prefs..