Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent! Please help with 1.1.4 jailbreak!

Default Urgent! Please help with 1.1.4 jailbreak!
    Ok guys I have been having some very annoying issues for the past day while I've been trying to upgrade from a jailbroken OTB 1.1.1 8gb iPhone. First thing i did was restore to a fresh 1.1.1, next I Put it into recovery, shift+restored and used the 1.1.4 firmware for the restore. Everything went fine, and I was successfully running 1.1.4. Now the problems came when I went to Activate, Jailbreak, and add Installer, etc, on both iLiberty 1.2 and 1.3. Every time I finish with iLiberty, everything goes flawlessly, except my phone will not get any signal, sometimes is says I have the smallest little signal bar and other times it just says no Signal. If anyone knows what I can do to get this working it is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

My current situation:
    1.1.4 Locked, Baseband 4.04.05 and bootloader 3.9Ms3r, I am on Att, but I do not have the iPhone plan so the activation thru itunes is out of the question

PS. I remember having to downgrade my bootloader back in the day to 3.9, could this be the issue? and i just need to update back to 4.6, if so id like to give it a try, but I donot know how cause I dont really understand the bootloader/baseband stuff very much

PLease anyone? any ideas?

Update 1: I've now tried to restore using DFU mode back to 1.1.4 fresh, but I am still having the same problems...
    Last edited by wakeboardnmoto; 2008-08-15 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Even if you're not on an iphone plan you can use iTunes for activation if you're an AT&T customer. I don't have an iphone plan and can activate my 3G and 1.1.4 phone using my SIM card. This should fix your signal issues. So run iliberty jailbreak only and use iTunes to activate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

wakeboardnmoto (2008-08-15)

Alright well I would like to share my issues with your method for anyone else who may have similar problems as me, but I would like to announce that all my issues have been resolved!
    Through trial and error, I decided to just go ahead and unlock the damn thing despite having ATT and it worked!
    As for the activation in Itnues, I am not allowed to do so as an ATT customer because my phone plan is on an ATT Business PLan with discounts and such (i only pay $30/month for full iphone service) so itunes refuses to let me activate, but thanks for the suggestions!