Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it safe to jailbreak to 1.1.3 yet?

Question Is it safe to jailbreak to 1.1.3 yet?
    Hi All.
    See some many people have problems jailbreaking to the 1.1.3, that I'm wondering if its worth making the move as yet?

I had 1.1.2 otb iphone and downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke back to 1.1.2. Using O2 UK payg sim with no problems.Really happy with it at present, but don't want to be missing out either!
    The other thing that dont work for me is the Edge settings on my Iphone. Theres no option in the network settings. Otherwise all is fine.

Which is why I'm truly not sure what to do. Is there a lot I'm missing out on with the new 1.1.3? Is it worth the upgrade?
    Cheers. Paul

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Its worth it, and its VERY easy. Install the official upgrader from Installer, wait 45 minutes while it does its thing, done. Make sure you DO choose hacktivation.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Its worth it, and its VERY easy. Install the official upgrader from Installer, wait 45 minutes while it does its thing, done. Make sure you DO choose hacktivation.
    Thanks Poetic Folly. Ok, so I can upgrade via installer, thats sounds nice and easy. Will I lose any of my phone contacts/ringtones/music etc? And is it the softupdate in installer? Don't want to choose the wrong one.
    Thanks again for your help

Yes is in the installer go to system look for the official 1.1.3 upgrader,first make sure u have the latest BsdSubsystem 2.0....
    But for my choice i wouldn't apgrade i did it once i crashes alot still not steady it ur choice..

Quote Originally Posted by jamesatl View Post
    Yes is in the installer go to system look for the official 1.1.3 upgrader,first make sure u have the latest BsdSubsystem 2.0....
    But for my choice i wouldn't apgrade i did it once i crashes alot still not steady it ur choice..
    Thanks Jamesatl. Thats what I was worried about, the crashing etc.
    What is so good about the 1.1.3 then? Is it still worth it, even with the current problems or should I wait? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For me, the advantage would be not having to delete my SMS messages ever 2-3 days, I text alot, and 1.1.3 holds like 70,000 messages

The best part of going to 1.1.3 is when the SDK is release you will be able to run those apps. There are things like being able to send multiple SMS, the location service, etc. that make it kind of worth it as well. Its all in personal choice. Ive upgraded a lot of phones for other people, but whenever I do mine, I usually there always is a problem, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    For me, the advantage would be not having to delete my SMS messages ever 2-3 days, I text alot, and 1.1.3 holds like 70,000 messages

The best part of going to 1.1.3 is when the SDK is release you will be able to run those apps. There are things like being able to send multiple SMS, the location service, etc. that make it kind of worth it as well. Its all in personal choice. Ive upgraded a lot of phones for other people, but whenever I do mine, I usually there always is a problem, LOL
    Hi Frankydabull.
    For me those reasons is not worth the hassell just yet. Think I'll wait to see what the future brings. I have lots of sms messgaes on my phone, to many to read, so must hold quite a few already. I like all my 3rd apps too, so I'm glad I weighed up the pros and the cons. I'm guessing it'll delete all my contacts too. So I'll say no thanks at present and I'll keep watching. Thanks to all those you helped me. Cheers.

just my 2 cents, but as i understand it, unless you are a legit att with iphone contract, you cant get full functionality from 1.1.3. Now im legit att but i dont have iphone contract, ( no contract at all) so i dont see any benefit to upgrade as of yet. Sountil a few more tweaks, im sticking with a full functioning 1.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by pininfarina View Post
    just my 2 cents, but as i understand it, unless you are a legit att with iphone contract, you cant get full functionality from 1.1.3. Now im legit att but i dont have iphone contract, ( no contract at all) so i dont see any benefit to upgrade as of yet. Sountil a few more tweaks, im sticking with a full functioning 1.1.2.
    You and me both buddy. I have a fully functional O2 payg sim. Do beleive that can still be updated to the 1.1.3 through the installer as mentioned here. Until there are fireworks for the 1.1.3 im staying on 1.1.2 where I have the stability. Sure there's many that wished they did the same.
    Cheers