Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Mail is broken

Default 1.1.3 Mail is broken
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone with AT&T using the official Dev Team jailbreak. Mail is not working. When I launch it, it simply opens and closes. When I try to sink my mail accounts with iTunes, i get the following error message: "iTunes could not sync mail accounts to the iPhone because the iPhone canceled the sync. Is there anyway for me to re-install mail, manually via ssh or does anybody know of any other fix? What files are associated with mail? (I've already tried deleting accounts.plist, this successfully deleted both my accounts, but mail still won't launch.) Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by bugme; 2008-02-03 at 06:00 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bugme For This Useful Post:

robbpell (2008-02-06)

Default same problem
    i had the same problem yesterday after restoring and upgrading to 1.1.3. before the restore i had 1.1.3 (dev team) for almost a week without a problem (mail was running as it should). has anybody an idea how this could have happened?

Ok, well my iPhone has been having other problems as well (general slowness, lag, battery life, etc.) since upgrading to 1.1.3. I decided to remove MobileMail.app manually via ssh (after backing it up) and after restarting springboard, voila! All my issues were gone. I've concluded that my mail.app must have been corrupt. If anyone has mail working fine on your 1.1.3 phone, could you please post your MobileMail.app, and I will try putting it on my phone to see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks

I fixed this by deleting the mail account and then re-adding it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I fixed this by deleting the mail account and then re-adding it back in.
    it wouldn't let me delete my accounts, settings would crash. when i re-opened them, the accounts would be back. i manually deleted the accounts by removing the accounts.plist file, but now i am unable to add accounts.

could you attach your mobilemail.app in a post please, because i'm pretty sure mine is corrupted or glitched.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugme View Post
    it wouldn't let me delete my accounts, settings would crash. when i re-opened them, the accounts would be back. i manually deleted the accounts by removing the accounts.plist file, but now i am unable to add accounts.

could you attach your mobilemail.app in a post please, because i'm pretty sure mine is corrupted or glitched.
    Here you go:

http://www.4shared.com/file/36840625...obileMail.html

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Thanks, for the link. Unfortunately, it didnt fix any of my problems (usual slowness/lag/glitchyness in springboard once sshing mail back onto the phone) including the most important one: mail being unable to launch. So, my MobileMail.app file is fine, so it must be something else. Does anyone know what files on the phone are associated with mail, how I could restore or reset them, or anyway I could fix this problem?

UPDATELet me know if this works for you, but it certainly worked for me. Here's how i fixed the problem.

ssh into your phone
    go to /var/mobile/Library/
    Delete the entire directory "Mail" (back it up on your computer first)
    Go into iTunes and sync your mail accounts (or launch Mail and add your accounts manually)
    Voila! Mail is working again.
    Last edited by bugme; 2008-02-04 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bugme For This Useful Post:

arbroathsmokie (2008-03-27), batter (2008-03-02), BkrGrlMphs (2008-03-07), earlhoffert (2008-06-24), gbsters (2008-05-20), Mann22 (2008-03-24), mbaharvard (2008-03-18), MrHali (2008-03-04), procon.1 (2008-02-05), the erik (2008-03-01), trueno92 (2008-08-10), yellow5851 (2008-03-05)

Dude, you freaking rock! It totally worked. I didn't know how to ssh in but a little searching and I got it. Thanks a million. I thought I was going to have to restore. I am so relieved. Haha! If I could I would shake your hand.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to procon.1 For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (2008-05-12)

Thanks, man, I'm glad I could help. I was considering restoring and re-jailbreaking too, but I was pretty determined to fix the problem, and a little perseverance took me a long way (and apparently helped you out some too )

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bugme For This Useful Post:

BkrGrlMphs (2008-03-07), mbaharvard (2008-05-12)

Holy shiet it works perfect now. I had all of the same problems you guys had and deleting the mail folder fixed everything. Such a simple solution

ah its hope my mail.app has been crashing after dev team 1.1.3 im gonna try this as soon as i get home and ill let you know how it goes!

it worked thanks
    Last edited by robbpell; 2008-02-06 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks dude! Fixed me too!

argh, when I saw everyone's result I thought this would work for me, but alas... it has not x_x. Guess I'm gonna have to keep digging and try to fix this thing.

attempted fixes
    ------------------
    delete accounts: failed
    replace mobilemail.app: failed
    Youtube fix: failed (even screwed up youtube, haha)
    /var/mobile/library fix: failed
    delete /private/var/mobile/librarymail: failed

gonna try a couple more days before I give up and spend another 4 hours downgrading and upgrading back up to a jailbroken 1.1.3. Oh, I've tried both jailbreaks. Dev teams gave me this unfixable (at least for now) mail app, while Natetrue's worked PERFECTLY... until I used TTR and it crashed my phone and I had to reset it to its current DevTeam non-mail-working form. I hope most people aren't having these problems ^^;

I too had an issue with my mail after the dec team break. New mail would not come in, old mail could not be deleted and I couldn't remove the accounts. I did the SSH + delete mail folder trick and I was able to re-add the accounts. No problems since.

i tried the trick given by "bugme", but it didnt work for me unfortunately. the problem i'm having is that the email accounts that i had before i upgraded to 1.1.3 (using dev teams installer app) were still there, but no new mail was coming in. it wouldnt give me a password error or anything.
    i deleted both email accounts and tried adding them again, but now it says "The IMAP server is not responding. check your network connection etc...". I'm trying to access my gmail and yahoo accounts, but neither are working.

i also installed the app ASmailFIX 1.1.3 by Andre Sendowski, and now i cant remove it. the only option it gives me in installer is "reinstall". Any suggestions on whether i can uninstall the app or undo the changes that it made, by ssh'ing into the phone?

will really appreciate some help. thanks guys.
    Last edited by zaitron; 2008-02-07 at 11:07 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zaitron For This Useful Post:

rheex (2008-02-21)

Woot - fortunately this worked for me. Thought I was in for yet another downgrade roller coaster...

Thanks!

u r awesome, this worked perfect

Thanks, for the link. Unfortunately, it didnt fix any of my problems (usual slowness/lag/glitchyness in springboard once sshing mail back onto the phone) including the most important one: mail being unable to launch. So, my MobileMail.app file is fine, so it must be something else. Does anyone know what files on the phone are associated with mail, how I could restore or reset them, or anyway I could fix this problem?

UPDATELet me know if this works for you, but it certainly worked for me. Here's how i fixed the problem.

ssh into your phone
    Go into iTunes and sync your mail accounts (or launch Mail and add your accounts manually)
    cheers dude...
    you saved my day...

Well Nate's JB was working just fine until I installed a couple apps and it killed my phone, forcing a restore. Well I happened upon Zibri's jailbreak and while it worked like a charm, I found my mail not working. Deleting the mail folder worked just fine though. Thanks.

ssh into your phone

Worked great for me too!
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast