Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrade issue with windows XP

Green Apple
    Thanks

Angry 1.1.3 Downgrade issue with windows XP
    I have read several threads and have not seen this discussed anywhere. I had a 1.1.2 jailbroken, locked phone that was bought on the first day phones went on sale, so I am sure I had 3.9BL. When I go to put my iPhone into recovery mode by holding down the power and home buttons, my iPhone is disconnecting from iTunes and my PC goes into a window to search for the software (like you would get when you hook up a printer or other hardware to the computer) for the iPhone and it will not let me select the files I have downloaded because it is looking for a certain type of file extension.

Since my phone is disconnected I can not do the <shift> restore option. My phone is then locked in recovery mode and the only thing I can do is turn it on and off. When it turns on it goes right back into recovery mode with the cable and itune logo. My phone is not being recognized. The only thing I have been able to do is to hook my phone up to a mac and it gets recognized in recovery mode and I have to restore phone to 1.1.3, which I did and when I went back to PC and tried to downgrade the same thing happened again. I even tried on a different PC and the same thing happens.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get phone to go into recovery mode properly?
    Last edited by batter; 2008-02-03 at 01:55 AM.

I have an xp macine and this happens to me also. It says installing apple recovery device usb driver or somthing like that. Everytime it has happend to me everything worked fine though. There were a few times when the pc didnt see the phone. What worked for me was to use a different usb port (not from external hub) Did you try that?
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    I have an xp macine and this happens to me also. It says installing apple recovery device usb driver or somthing like that. Everytime it has happend to me everything worked fine though. There were a few times when the pc didnt see the phone. What worked for me was to use a different usb port (not from external hub) Did you try that?
    Just tried and same thing happens. When I am holding power and home button the slide to turn power off comes up, I continue to hold both buttons and then when I get first sounds and screen goes black my iphone is also disconnected from itunes, I let go of power button and continue to hold home button until I get second sounds and then the new hardware found wizard pops up. I have also tried on a different PC computer also.

instead of holding the buttons for dfu mode try using the dfu run command, you can get it here http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93

Just extract the contents to c:/ and from run type c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu when the phone is connected
    Maybe that will take ant possible user error out of the equasion
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    instead of holding the buttons for dfu mode try using the dfu run command, you can get it here http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93

Just extract the contents to c:/ and from run type c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu when the phone is connected
    Maybe that will take ant possible user error out of the equasion
    I tried this and the same thing happens. My iphone disconnects from itunes and then I am stuck with the itune and cable image. I hope this helps someone come up with a solution. Without a solution I know of no way to downgrade my phone and get back the third party apps I really enjoyed having.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by batter View Post
    I tried this and the same thing happens. My iphone disconnects from itunes and then I am stuck with the itune and cable image. I hope this helps someone come up with a solution. Without a solution I know of no way to downgrade my phone and get back the third party apps I really enjoyed having.
    Use iBrickr to reboot the phone.

The firmware you have downloaded needs to have the .ipsw extension for iTunes to be able to see it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Use iBrickr to reboot the phone.

The firmware you have downloaded needs to have the .ipsw extension for iTunes to be able to see it.
    We may be onto something here. I did a search on my computer for all files with extensionsion .ipsw and only came up with 4 (1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and the recovery program mentioned earlier in this thread), so the ibrickr program I have is not an .ipsw file and when my phone is stuck in recovery, ibrickr can not find my iphone connected to computer.

Where can I download the ibrickr program with the correct the .ipsw extension. I have v0.91? Can I just right click ibrickr and add file extension to end of name?