Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 Jailbreak stuck

Default 1.1.2 Jailbreak stuck
    Downgrading to 1.1.1
    1. Make sure you have iTunes installed
    2. Download the following
    iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    1.1.2-jailbreak.zip (and expand it to a folder)
    3. Make sure device is charged (enough for it to run)
    4. Turn off device (hold power key till red slide comes up, slide to turn off)
    5. Hold the home key down and put in cradle(hold key down till the usb-cd and music icon comes up)
    6. A message box "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery..." will appear, select the ok button.
    7. Hold the shift on your keyboard, and select the recovery button in Itunes.
    8. A file selection dialog will appear, select the file iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    9. Let itunes restore your device, eventually a message will appear in Itunes saying to register,
    10. otherwise if itunes comes up with an error 1015, don't panic. simply run windows.bat (in 1.1.2-jailbreak folder) and select (Boot from recovery)
    11. Your device will now be running 1.1.1 OS

Jailbreaking 1.1.1
    12. turn your iphone on
    13. Slide for emergency
    14. dial *#307# and select the call button
    15. select the cancel button
    16. dial 0 and select the call button
    17. select the answer button
    18. select the hold button
    19. select the decline button
    20. select the contacts button
    21. select the add contacts button
    22. add a contact with prefs:// as the first URL, and http://jailbreakme.com as the second url
    23. select then prefs, and setup your wireless connection
    24. repeat steps 16-20, and then select your contact and select jailbreakme url
    25. scroll to bottom of web page on your device, and select AppTapp installer,
    26. Wait 5 minutes till your device reboots unlocked
    27. If it doesn't reboot after 5 minutes repeat 24-26 a few times till it works
    (important, while jailbreaking for wifi to stay up)

Moving to 1.1.2
    28. Turn your 1.1.1 jailbreak phone on
    29. Slide and unlock the phone
    30. Select the installer icon
    31. Find the application, oktoprep 1.1.1, and run it
    32. It should come up with, "you are ready to preform an update to..."
    33. Select the home button, to close, wait a few seconds and your device will lock again.
    34. Start iTunes
    35. Cancel any warning dailogs
    36. Hold your shift key down on your pc keyboard and select the update button in iTunes
    37. Select the image iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    38. Let itunes update your phone to 1.1.2, it will eventually reboot with the slide for emergency button
    39. You now have 1.1.2 installed :-)

Jailbreaking 1.1.2
    40. Close itunes
    41. Run windows.bat file in your 1.1.2-jailbreak folder on PC
    42. Select the jailbreak button on the window that appears
    43. After a few seconds lots of numbers will start appearing in a dos shell :-)
    all good
    44. Eventually you will get a popup window with 'all done, rebooting..."

I did all this steps already 5 times and I get stuck after the 1.1.2 jailbreak, it's say all done but no rebooting is taking place, the phone just stays with the iTunes and USB cable screen forever. Can anyone help me please.

I am having the same problem, I tried several times and the numbers stop counting sometimes, then I try again and it finishes but it doesn't unlock 1.1.2

I finally got it to work. I don't know if this is going to help others but here it is:
    1. Restored to 1.0.2
    2. Downgraded and repaired and virginized the baseband to 3.xxxx
    3. Updated to 1.1.1, unlocked with anySim 1.1
    4. Oktoprep, updated to 1.1.2, still hanged after finish with no restart, I waited for a minute and started iNdependece wich after 1 minute kicked the phone out of recovery.