Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 rejailbreak????help

Default 1.1.3 rejailbreak????help
    hey guys im new to mmi...
    i recently jailbroke my iphone (using ibrickr 1.1.3 special edition)
    i first updated to 1.1.2 (using oktoprep and jailbreak.jar) and everything went smoothly.. I unlocked it using anysim 1.1.2u or smthn (its unlocked)

but ive heard that nate trues jailbreak will break the ability to run the future SDK apps... i need a way to downgrade and rejailbreak to 1.1.3 using the DEV teams method (installing the script).. can anyone help me downgrade (without bricking) and getting me back to 1.1.2 so i can use the dev teams method. Also will i lose all my contacts?
    thx guys

Unfortunately you will lose all of your contacts because the backup made from 1.1.3 will not be compatible with the lower software versions.

Basically you will need to start the process over again, downgrade to 1.1.1 through itunes, jailbreak, install oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2, and then you can upgrade to the patched 1.1.3 software available in the installer.

You can see a basic outline of the process in This Guide. Just remember not to use ibrickr to upgrade to 1.1.3, use the upgrade in the installer instead.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

What's this about Nate's method breaking the SDK apps?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Default apperently it does
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    What's this about Nate's method breaking the SDK apps?
    i noe it sux but rumors are it will break the sdk apps... nate claims hes gonan release a fix. but its safer just to use the dev teams methd

you have to start all over again by downgrading the phone back to 1.1.1

-restore the phone to 1.1.1 using itunes and itunes wont accept your phone and you'll be stuck with the itunes icon and usb cable screen. (because your on 1.1.2 baseband)
    -plug it into a windows computer with ibrikr and use it to "boot your phone"
    -then jailbreak and add "i.unlock.no" and use the virginizer (restores your baseband)
    -and then after that just restore it again to 1.1.1 and then the rest to 1.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

All you can do is restore your iPhone to 1.1.1 and starting over. Nothing you can do with what you have but that. Make sure to use the Offical Dev Jailbreak and not the script from the mmi rep. Not sure if its still there. The newest 113 JB build as of Feb 2, 12 am CST is 1.1.3-3.

Good luck.

ok... seems simple
    just one question.. wen i restore to 1.1.1 ill be able to unlock it rite?. and then ill update to 1.1.2 (jailbreak) and then unlock it using 1.1.2u rite? --Just confirming

And also.. if i make a back up on one computer. and then perform all the restoring on another computer. and update to 1.1.3.. Wont the back up work, as my firmware will be 1.1.3? wen i plug it into the original one??
    my fone wont brick will it?
    THANKS SOOOO MUCH GUYS
    im gonna do it after lunch---