Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 44th week 1.1.1 hacked iPhone - STUCK ON EMERGENCY SCREEN AFTER 1.1.2 JAILBREAK!

Default 44th week 1.1.1 hacked iPhone - STUCK ON EMERGENCY SCREEN AFTER 1.1.2 JAILBREAK!
    Hello all,
    I bought this 44th week phone off ebay and it was already unlocked. I think it is a 1.1.1 OTB going by the week information and IMEI number . I tried upgrading to 1.1.2 using jailbreak and now it is a brick.
    It is stuck on emergency screen saying "Incorrect SIM" and displaying iTunes and USB cable logo. I checked and it apparently had 04.02.13_G baseband.
    Also, iTunes is not letting me restore it and it says that iPhone has incorrect SIM. I am using iTunes 7.5.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Kanishk

Ok,
    So I downgraded to 1.1.1 and now I am trying to apply jailbreak but it does not work.

Please help, I am getting into a panic mode here!!!

Thanks,
    Kanishk

GUYS!!! Please help!! I am about to die here !!!
    Last edited by kanishk; 2008-02-02 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

GUYS!!! Please help!! I am about to die here !!!

What does work ? Where does it not work ? What does the screen say ? What have you tried ? Where are you trying to get to?

If you gave alittle bit more info you might get a little bit more help. Calm down and write down what you are doing and what tutorial you are following.

People will help but not if you're vague about your problems.

if it is 1.1.1 out of the box im pretty sure you can downgrade the baseband back to 04.02.13_G. The only thing you gatta do is jailbreak it and install "i.unlock.no" and use the virginizer to go back to 1.0.2 baseband and start over.

if you downgrade to 1.1.1 and itunes wont accept your phone and your phone is stuck with the (connector and itunes) screen then you gatta plug it into a windows computer with ibrikr and click the "boot your phone"

Pretty much nothing is working.

I tried to downgrade the 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 using restore and it was Ok. I used iBrickr to get the iPhone out of recovery mode. That worked fine too.
    For the work mentioned above, I used tutorial available here and on iphone.unlock.no.

My phone started showing me "Activate iPhone" screen which we all would expect, but it also showed the "Incorrect SIM" message. I tried applying jailbreak 1.1.1 provided here in the forums and at iphone.unlock.no.

Here is the creepy part. I set the Auto-Lock to never and when safari crashes, the screen gets auto locked rather quickly. Needless to say, NOTHING changes, no reboot, nada. I have tried doing this jailbreak more than 20 times, but nothing works.

Is this information enough? If not then please let me know. I'll give more details.

Thanks,
    Kanishk

It being 1.1.1 OTB is a guess. My only source is the serial number. But the problem is that jailbreak is not working at all!!!
    Last edited by kanishk; 2008-02-02 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you wish then I can start from scratch and post the results as I proceed. All is need is directions.

thanks,
    Kanishk

If you wish then I can start from scratch and post the results as I proceed. All is need is directions.

thanks,
    Kanishk

thanks,
    Kanishk
    Last edited by kanishk; 2008-02-02 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks,
    Kanishk

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

kanishk,
    Your jailbreak problem is that you didnt let the iphone pair with iTunes after downgrading to 111. Plug it in, launch itunes, quit itunes, jailbreak

Thats your problem.

Pairing needs to be done before or after running iBrickr?

I had the same problem, so I put the auto-lock on 5 min. instead of never, and it worked. I've done it a couple times, and each time I needed to choose 5 min instead of never. Weird, but worth a try.

It still goes to sleep mode after crashing out of safari and still displays incorrect sim mssage

hey!

Did you have the same jailbreaking problem? i.e "Incorrect SIM" message, jailbreak not working etc?
    If so, then did jailbreak work after setting the lock-time to 5 mins?

It still goes to sleep mode after crashing out of safari and still displays incorrect sim mssage

Last edited by kanishk; 2008-02-02 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kanishk View Post
    hey!

Did you have the same jailbreaking problem? i.e "Incorrect SIM" message, jailbreak not working etc?
    If so, then did jailbreak work after setting the lock-time to 5 mins?

are you waiting long enough after it crashes? I think it takes like a minute or two after it crashes and shows the incorrect sim thing. then i believe it reboots.

My phone shows incorrect sim message as soon as safari crashes and then the phone goes to sleep mode. It does not even reboot. My baseband version is 04.02.13_G. Could that be a problem?
    I REALLY need this thing working again.

Now, should I try downgrading to 1.0.2?
    Last edited by kanishk; 2008-02-02 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost