Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade to 1.1.3 not ready for European carriers?

Default Upgrade to 1.1.3 not ready for European carriers?
    I have had several problems when upgrading to 1.1.3 several times. In the end I had to downgrade all the times. When upgraded to 1.1.3 the iPhone does not display the name of the caller even if you have him in the addressbook. When you receive a call the format of the number displayed if that of US phone numbers. Therefore I believe that non US carriers should wait to upgrade.

I guess that for non US Jailbroken iPhones we should wait for a new release of iWorld.

Could this be true? Anybody out there that upgraded to 1.1.3 and had no problems out side the US?

Thanks

Any update released by Apple works anywhere in the world. I'm in the UK with a 1.1.3 iPhone, with all my numbers and texts showing up as normal, in the UK format: 07123456789. It was since 1.1.2 that you could change the Region Format:
    Settings>General>International>Region Format
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-02-01 at 02:08 PM.

Ok, got it. Spain is however not on the list and yet with 1.1.2 the iPhone is doing fine. When I upgrade to 1.1.3. that things go wrong.

To be honest I am not sure that this is really the solution. I believe that the region setting is more for date and time formats.

Anybody else with this problem?