Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I "virginize" my iPhone 1.1.4?

Default How do I "virginize" my iPhone 1.1.4?
    I am trying to find out how I can "virginize" my iPhone that is currently on version 1.1.4.

The reason is because my screen is broken and the lower section (bottom row) is not responsive to touch. I figure if I could "virginize" it and bring it back to the apple store with my receipt I "may" be able to have them consider me for warranty.

Thanks

why not just do a DFU restore in itunes - it fixes the firmware and baseband.

if you have modified the bootloader then just use iliberty+ first and pick the advanced package that changes the bootloader to 4.6 stock, assuming your iphone came with fw 1.1.2 or greater. then do the DFU restore

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duff man For This Useful Post:

nosepick (2008-08-13)

Sorry for the noob questions - I have read dozens of posts and am simply uncertain if I have it right...

I used ziphone 3.0 to unlock my 1.1.4 iphone 4gb. I don't know if I have "modified the bootloader" and hence if I need to "use iliberty+ first".

If I do a DFU restore in iTunes, how will I know if it really revirginized my iphone? My ability to upgrade to 2.0?

Thanks again,

Noob FA

Quote Originally Posted by duff man View Post
    if you have modified the bootloader then just use iliberty+ first and pick the advanced package that changes the bootloader to 4.6 stock, assuming your iphone came with fw 1.1.2 or greater. then do the DFU restore
    My iPhone came with 1.0.2 and that is what I un-locked it to. now I am currently on 1.1.4.
    Will this still work? as you said "assuming your iphone came with fw 1.1.2 or greater" Because it didn't.

@FRANK - odds are that ziphone modified your bootloader, that can easily be fixed. boot neuter (available through installer) can reset it. but you need a hacked phone for installer. or use iliberty, it has three tabs at the top - select the middle one - then click update remote packages or something like that. (sorry not at my computer) there are packages that will modify the bootloader - you can go back to the original one there. an OTB 1.1.4 has bootloader 4.6

@nosepick

an iphone that once had 1.0.2 ships with bootloader 3.9 - ziphone alters that. use the above steps to set yours back to 3.9stock - then the DFU to whatever firmware you have used that is the highest (ie 1.1.4) so the baseband will match. again iliberty an easily alter this to any BB that you would like. same way as mentioned above but chose the package that changes 4.04.13_G to 4.0whatever. however just to take it back i wouldn't bother.

1. use iliberty to change bootloader to stock 3.9(for nosepick) or 4.6(frank)
    2. DFU restore in itunes (to the highest firmware you have already used)(otherwise follow the above steps if you absolutely HAVE to be tricky to set the baseband to match a lower firmware version)