Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0.1 itunes update then PWN?

Default 2.0.1 itunes update then PWN?
    I recently PWND the 2.0.1 firmware on my 3g. The phone has been running like garbage and sucking battery like i've never seen before. Instead of deaming out that the update 2.0.1 sucks, I want to try PWNing again. My question is, can I do a legit restore from iTunes, no DFU just to clear out any crap....then try to PWN the 2.0.1 firmware to get cydia, or will I mess something up. I want to get this done tonight because I rely on my phone throughout the day and today it was super unstable, cant deal with it tomorrow....thanks in advance.

BTW, I'm a legit ATT customer

You'll be fine...I pwnd mine the other nite (bored)...running 2.0.1 then restored it back to stock 2.0.1 using Itunes, didnt repwn but it runs perfect.....so you'll be fine repwning it again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

giancarlo (2008-08-12)

thanks for the quick reply.....is PWND 2.0.1 buggy for you?

It was a little, had to screw with Itunes to get it to sync...with the appstore and the fact that there's not that many "hacked" apps that have been ported to 2.0.1 yet, I just went back stock.

up'd to 2.0.1 then winpwn'd this past friday night.

no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mujomojo View Post
    up'd to 2.0.1 then winpwn'd this past friday night.

no issues.
    Doesn't 2.0.1 change the baseband, making later pwns ineffective/impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    I recently PWND the 2.0.1 firmware on my 3g. The phone has been running like garbage and sucking battery like i've never seen before. Instead of deaming out that the update 2.0.1 sucks, I want to try PWNing again. My question is, can I do a legit restore from iTunes, no DFU just to clear out any crap....then try to PWN the 2.0.1 firmware to get cydia, or will I mess something up. I want to get this done tonight because I rely on my phone throughout the day and today it was super unstable, cant deal with it tomorrow....thanks in advance.

BTW, I'm a legit ATT customer
    i had the same issues with my battery, it drains much quicker for no reason i know! i tried to do exactly what as you did. but no improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DJLuca View Post
    Doesn't 2.0.1 change the baseband, making later pwns ineffective/impossible?
    No. I upgraded mine to 2.0.1 legit last week just to see if it actually fixed anything. When it did not appear to, I just put the iphone (3g) into DFU mode and restored the custom 2.0 firmware.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by rushtrader View Post
    No. I upgraded mine to 2.0.1 legit last week just to see if it actually fixed anything. When it did not appear to, I just put the iphone (3g) into DFU mode and restored the custom 2.0 firmware.

RT
    Oh cool, cheers for clearing that up!