Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i re-virginize my 3G

Default How do i re-virginize my 3G
    Hey, i want to re-virginize my iphone so i can take it into the genious bar so they don't freak out, can anyone fill me in on what to do?

You can just restore with the one from Apple.

if i upgrade to the new firmware, is it possible to know that my phone was previously jailbroken, or will all be fine?

No, it relocks your phone. Everyone who upgraded had to rejailbreak their phone.

You should be okay.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

hit restore and set it up as a new device so it doesnt sync and you are all set. im on my 5th iphone already =]
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The 3G phones cannot be unlocked which means your baseband had not been patched or modified so there is no reason to "virginize". To undo a jailbreak restore in iTunes to the stock firmware and you're back to factory status.

I just want to clarify a point before I go ahead and restore my iPhone 3G:

I had a brand new 3G iPhone with 2.0 FW, jailbroke it to 2.0.1, and now I want to bring it back to regular 2.0. Does just clicking restore in iTunes actually restore it to 2.0? I would assume it would restore it to factory settings, but with 2.0.1, since it's the current FW... yes? no?

I was thinking that to restore it to 2.0 I'd have to DL the 2.0 FW, and pwn iTunes and do the shift+restore thing to trick it into restoring with 2.0 FW..?

How right/wrong am I on this?

You should no have to PWN iTunes. What you will need to do is download the 2.0 firmware. Then, just shift+click or option+click restore and then point iTunes to the 2.0 firmware.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Why downgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0?

i found an iphone called the coffee shop to see if any one was missing one for about a month nothing so i took out the sim then restored it now all i get is no sim card installed message and at the bottom just says slide to unlock and when i put my sim in it says invalid sim what do i do