Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new to this and want to jailbreak

Default new to this and want to jailbreak
    okay so i have had my phone for a couple months now and was a little out of the loop on this whole jailbreak thing... i did the apple update to the 1.1.3 and then i was sitting next to this guy on the plane last week and he had all sorts of apps on his iphone.. he told me i needed to jailbreak it and told me about this website....
    so my question is... since i updated my phone, do i just need to restore it to the 1.1.2 and then follow the jailbreak guides and it will work...?? i was also told to do the jail break 1.1.2 and not the newest firmware yet...
    hopefully this all makes sense i have just been reading thru all the forums and trying to figure out exactly what steps i need to do.
    thaaaanks!!!

youre best bet is to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak and then decided if you want to go to 1.1.2 or directly back to 1.1.3. Plenty of Guides in this website to do that, follow them for mac or PC based techniques. Personally, if i were you, i'd downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak and then go to 1.1.3 using NateTrue's ibrickr 1.1.3 special method. If you are patient, the SDK is coming in Feb and you will have a choice to TONS of apps directly from iTunes which are stable and you dont have to deal with all this modifyiing your iphone and whatnot.