Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mail app not working after upgrade to pwned 2.0.1?

Default mail app not working after upgrade to pwned 2.0.1?
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site and new to the iphone but I have been modding my phones for the past 5 years so I have a basic understanding of what's going on. I did a quick search but didn't find much on this topic.

After using pwnage 2.0.0.4 to jailbreak the 2.0.1 update, then updating my phone from pwned 2.0 to pwned 2.0.1, my mail app no longer works. it opens up to a blank screen and after 5 seconds or so it kicks back to the springboard. I've tried rebooting and respringing the phone. I've messed with turning the email accounts off and back on and can't get the mail app to stay open and show me my accounts.

Any clues?

thanks for the help!

-Ben

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    use cydia to download boospref and under more config click on fix dir permissions and you will be ok.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapala61 For This Useful Post:

Alperovich (2008-08-11), rahmond (2008-08-12), redz24 (2008-08-11)

all i did was ssh into the phone find the mail app and set the settings to 777 also try this link i dont know if its allowed but lets try.
    how to recover & repair from mail.app crash on an iphone Mr L K’s Ibiza Blog

the bossprefs fix did it! Thanks!

had the same problem thanks for this..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

bosspref trick worked for me, thanx! my problem was with the mail app, it would load up, and try and download my mail and crash right after it seemed like it downloaded the mail but never really did, now it works.

Sweet awsome thanks rapala61 for that post about the BossPrefs I did it and it fixed my email

Quote Originally Posted by rapala61 View Post
    use cydia to download boospref and under more config click on fix dir permissions and you will be ok.
    you are the best, it worked like a charm. thanks a million.

please could you walk me through downloading boospref from cydia,

I tried the bosspref and is still didn't work, please somebody help me cos this is very annoying,thank you