Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 jailbreak and hard reset :(

Default 1.1.3 jailbreak and hard reset :(
    Ok so I did the dev team jailbreak and everything worked smoothly untill my friend at school who was also 1.1.3 jailbroken said dude if you do a hard reset it puts it into recovery mode. Me wanting to show him mime wouldn't and that my phone was better than his. Well I ended up doing one and I get boot from recovery.... So me I went back to 1.1.2 jailbroken and called it a day but you can do boot from recover with ibrickr but you need to reactivatr your phone then. So i am still at 1.1.2 jailbroken. And would like 1.1.3 but lets say I'm not home and with a jb ipho e hard resets can be common so long story short is there an answer to this problem sorry if I am confusing or misspelled some words I'm on the phone

Try cmd bootx with iphuc, see if that helps

i had the same problem with 1.1.3, when i hard reset it put it into recovery mode. I plugged it into my comp and opened iNdependence, which kicked it out of recovery mode and everything was fine. I was still at 1.1.3, still jailbroken, still unlocked. Try that, see if it works (I'm assuming iBrickr would do the same thing on a PC)

yea but I want a perminate fix and not just a one time thing. It happened at school and what if it happens when i reallly need the phone...

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

same problem. very annoying.

same problem stupid and waste of time... anyone know a way to fix it?

I can get incoming calls but im stuck on the slide for emergency screen im with ATT btw with 1.1.3 jailbroken

this is how it went i was a

1.0 (i think) because i waited 8 hours in line the be one of the first to get it...
    then 1.02 is when i jailbroke it then
    i jailbroke 1.1.1
    then updated to 1.1.3 clean update
    i was stupid but now i downgrade to 1.1.1 again and jailbroke and downgraded the something..base

then i jailbroke to 1.1.2 using oktoprep
    then i jailbroke to 1.1.3 thru installer using the dev install...
    now i dont know how it happened out of the blue the emergency slider screen poped up now i cant access anything... and itunes keeps saying something about a corrupt iphone and i cant downgrade or restore there...

Is it Bricked!??

btw what you guys mean by a hard reset you mean when you hold the sleep and the hold button at the same time?

jail broke using the dev installer,
    hard reset
    now i'm stuck locked out at the emergency screen.
    windows machine, need a fix.
    someone please.

i get incoming calls and it seems to still have everything saved.
    itunes thinks its corrupt. tells me to take it to a store.
    again, windows machine. please.

this seems like a big problem

I was reading throught and i was told people who pressed no for hacktavision (or w/e its called) screws it up... I'm not sure if pressing yes on it will fix everything up

I hope devs are alerted about this and going to fix it up

yea well for the people who got the corrupt... on itunes press create new phone and everything should be ok, well it was for me. Now im back 1.1.2 jailbroken but i really want 1.1.3 where do u see hactivision

Quote Originally Posted by cdimic25 View Post
    yea well for the people who got the corrupt... on itunes press create new phone and everything should be ok, well it was for me. Now im back 1.1.2 jailbroken but i really want 1.1.3 where do u see hactivision
    where is this create new phone button your talking about? because im stuck and all i see is itunes giving me a iphone corrupt error message

please help me i need my phone functional badly, well i can still call using emergency call

in itunes. it says u can chose a previous iphone but chose a new one its in itunes... at the same part where it tells you the corruption

Thanks

To anyone who is stuck, download ibrickr and it will boot your phone up again!

yes it will, but its not a perminate fix the problem is that what if your not home and this happens

Thanks

well i went down to 1.0.2 and started from scratch and now it's fixed on 1.1.3!

i am curious, does this reboot into DFU mode still happen with soft update 1.1.3-3 or was this an issue only with 1.1.3-1 and 1.1.3-2 ?

I want to update to 1.1.3 but i don't want to deal with this reboot into recovery mode problem..

hmm im interested about this also.....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Please can someone help us! I was playing TTR in the lecture and it reseted me! Now I'm in recovery mode and need to get back home to boot my iPhone up again... girlfriend is gonna kill me... Can someone please try and sort this out for us?

same here, very disappointed.
    Jailbroken 1.1.3 went into recovery mode. I had to restore and have now a non-jailbroken 1.1.3!
    Unless there is a direct 1.1.3 jailbreaking, I guess I wait to see what the SDK brinks.

Thanks

When you restore in i-Tunes it will bring you back to a non-jailbroken phone. Just go back to the jailbreak guide. You will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 (twice) jailbreak- update to 1.1.2 - jailbreak then do the dev team upgrade via installer all over again.

You can have your jb 1.1.3 again. Ive done it three times on two phones.

When you restore in i-Tunes it will bring you back to a non-jailbroken phone. Just go back to the jailbreak guide. You will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 (twice) jailbreak- update to 1.1.2 - jailbreak then do the dev team upgrade via installer all over again.

You can have your jb 1.1.3 again. Ive done it three times on two phones.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-02-09 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by doogee View Post
    To anyone who is stuck, download ibrickr and it will boot your phone up again!
    Can someone elaborate a little on this. I never used ibrickr before. I currently have an iphone which is 1.1.2 OTB which has been upgraded to 1.1.3 using the Dev Team's Soft Upgrade. Once I install ibrickr and connect the iphone, what next?