Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to whatever from 1.1.3...

Default Downgrading to whatever from 1.1.3...
    I've got an older iphone and had 1.0.2 jailbroken on it. I had to restore it to its factory settings and now it has the 1.1.3 firmware on it which is not jailbroken. (At some point I also virginized it to 1.1.1 but that was before upgrading to 1.1.3).

Now I'm trying to donwgrade it to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 but itunes keeps giving me an error. it doesn't successfully restore it to one of those firmwares and iNdependence says that it cannot perform any tasks because it still has 1.1.3 on it.

Any idea what I can do next? Is it possible to jailbreak the 1.1.3 as is? I'm on OS X.

Thanks

Thanks

From what I understand, once you update to 1.1.3 through iTunes, you cannot restore to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, you need to go all the way back to 1.0.2. Keep in mind you're still going to be stuck with the new baseband.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    From what I understand, once you update to 1.1.3 through iTunes, you cannot restore to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, you need to go all the way back to 1.0.2. Keep in mind you're still going to be stuck with the new baseband.
    Do you know of a guide that does this? You need the new baseband for Google maps to work right? Do you not?

If you want to downgrade and start over then follow these steps right here and you will be fine. I followed them and now I have the installer for 1.1.3 but I think I'm going to downgrade to a 1.12 but any ways here you go:

Easiest

and if you want to downgrade your Itunes then go to http://oldapps.com/ and search for Itunes 4.3 or even the v5 but remeber your going to have to delete the Itunes folder out of your "My Music" folder (Remember to take your music out and rearrange it) or you will get an error.

Default not working for me either
    I tried the DFU whatever and finally it looked like it was going to let me restore to 1.1.1 and it ran all the way through and at the end I got the error 1015 which I expected because that's what happened when I went from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 but it wasn't in DFU mode like I expected, it was back in recovery mode. And wouldn't go to 1.1.1. So I'm going BACK to 1.1.3 so I at least have a fun but I can't STAND it without my favorite apps! And all those boring normal icons. So I'm having the same problem.... I'm using OS X (Leopard). I went to 1.1.3 with the installer app and it seemed fine but suddenly the installer app stopped working - no app I installed showed up. So I TRIED to just reset but I guess I held the buttons down too long and put it in recovery mode and next thing I know iTunes recovered to 1.1.3. I've been trying to get back to 1.1.2 ever since. I'm twitching not being able to place 5 dice, not having locateme (WAY better than the Google Maps version), and no mobilescrobbler or voice notes or... I'm DYING here! Anyone in Central Texas want to just DO this for me? I'll buy you lunch... *sigh*