Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: baseband deleted, help appreciated!

Thanks
    Unhappy baseband deleted, help appreciated!
    Hi everyone.

Here is my situatuon:
    -Bought US iPhone from ebay which had FW1.0.2 and a NextSIM to unlock it (It's a WK 48 so I'm guessing this was a 1.1.2OOTB with 4.6 bootloader).
    -Yesterday I thought I would give it a bash upgrading to 1.1.1. I really had no idea what I was doing when I look back on it!
    -I got 1.1.1 installed and jailbroken but had no carrier (which I thought was weird) so I kept reading the guide which told me to add http://i.unlock.no to installer.app repository and install baseband downgrader or something. This it would seem deleted my baseband firmware and then exited with an error!
    -Restarted phone and no WIFI, No Carrier, No version info in any of the firmware things in about (no wifi address, no IMEI, no Modem Firmware...)
    -So I tried restoring 1.1.1 onto the phone again to no avail!
    -Today I downgraded to 1.0.2 and jailbroke to see if I could fix it.

Now my problem is that I have no wifi and for some reason iBrikr doesn't want to install programs through the PXL daemon...it looks like it has installed and the phone goes to the lock screen but no programs appear. So far all I have on there is Installer.app which I installed through apptap installer but it is no use without wifi! Maybe I need to restore 1.0.2 onto the phone again?

Please could someone guide me in the right direction? I was thinking of upgrading all the way to 1.1.2...would this install the baseband firmware for me again? Would I then be able to downgrade and get my NextSIM to unlock my Vodafone UK sim?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Anyone have any thoughts on this problem as I am still without a solution

hmm try to run baseband downgrader again and then restore to 1.1.1, then do the *#301# jailbreakme.com thing. PM me if you need any more help
    Want some help PM me and ill answer it asap

Thanks
    I wouldn't have been able to run baseband downgrader again because I had no connectivity

So today I gave it a shot and got most of the stuff back up and running again. However I had to do a proper upgrade to 1.1.3 which installed the 04.03.13_G baseband. On the positive side my wifi, IMEI etc are back.

I then downgraded to 1.02 and worked my way up to 1.1.2 (hey at least now I know where I went wrong before and can do this in my sleep!)

My only problem now is that I still have no carrier! I simply get a "Incorrect SIM, This iPhone must be used with an approved SIM" message and then no carrier.

As I was using a NextSIM (or something like that) to unlock the iPhone I believe it is not working on the new baseband...no carrier on any of the firmware versions I installed today.

So I have two choices now. Firstly has anyone got any ideas if there is a working ****SIM product that will unlock my US iPhone with baseband 04.03.13_G for a UK Carrier (Vodafone)?

Second choice is to downgrade the firmware with the testpoint jumpering procedure. Not really read much into this yet but I am guessing it can be done with my current phone setup as long as I downgrade the firmware back to 1.1.1?

Any comments would be most helpful!

could you help me as i am in the same problem with no wifi etc. how did you fix it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rsobbi View Post
    could you help me as i am in the same problem with no wifi etc. how did you fix it
    Well I just used iTunes to install firmware 1.1.3 onto the iPhone which installed the latest baseband firmware which got the stuff working. However if you do this you will not be able to unlock your phone through software. You might want to try flashing firmware 1.1.2 on there before you do anything else to see if maybe that can get the baseband back for you.

I have had the same thing. I have downloaded an app called firmware 2.0 in German and what a big mistake it was. The service is gone,no wifi,no bluetooth,no sounds. It's a total paper weight. I tried resetting the network but it got stuck and I couldn't figure out how to unfreeze it at the time so I went to sleep because it took me a whole night to figure it out, so I left it frozen, then discovered how to unfreeze it. I have been on a mission in tryingto revive this phone. I upgrade ,dwongraded ipsw and BL, I erased 3.9 ,I jailebreaked it like 30 times, Ziphone,iPlus,iLiberty,I downgraded to itunes 7.5 upgraded back to 7.6, tried to figure to recover the baseband I think I have done everything in youtube and all the aticles online and I could only get it on normal mode but still no service wifi and everything.. I am about to lose faith and give up, Hope someone can help before I run this phone over lol j/k Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by ibrizzo View Post
    I have had the same thing. I have downloaded an app called firmware 2.0 in German and what a big mistake it was. The service is gone,no wifi,no bluetooth,no sounds. It's a total paper weight. I tried resetting the network but it got stuck and I couldn't figure out how to unfreeze it at the time so I went to sleep because it took me a whole night to figure it out, so I left it frozen, then discovered how to unfreeze it. I have been on a mission in tryingto revive this phone. I upgrade ,dwongraded ipsw and BL, I erased 3.9 ,I jailebreaked it like 30 times, Ziphone,iPlus,iLiberty,I downgraded to itunes 7.5 upgraded back to 7.6, tried to figure to recover the baseband I think I have done everything in youtube and all the aticles online and I could only get it on normal mode but still no service wifi and everything.. I am about to lose faith and give up, Hope someone can help before I run this phone over lol j/k Please help!
    Restore your iphone to 1.1.4 in itunes. After restore be sure to setup as NEW. If you are on a Mac, use the pwntool. If windows, I suggest iliberty. Good luck!

i need help i did an ierase im desperate i want to get my phone back please tell me what to do

im in trouble i need help with my iphone i erase everything on it some one please tell me how to fix it please i did what called an ierase and it basictly erased my whole iphone help help help help please
    Last edited by luis23; 2008-05-13 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost