Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Should I upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3?
    Hi guys, I am on a jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone with a 04.01.13_G baseband.
    I want to upgrade the software to either 1.1.2 or 1.1.3. I actually tried to do the upgrade on 1.1.3 yesterday via the ijailbreak method which seemed great but when somebody called me in the middle of the process the whole upgrade crashed and i had to restore to 1.1.1. Then the ijailbreak site was down so i couldnt re-do the upgrade.
    However today i read a few posts on 1.1.3 on how unstable the firmware is, and as it doesnt seem to give such a value in upgrading (I can re-order the icons with customize right now, and i dont need to have the locate me functionality in google maps) a few people started going back to 1.1.2.
    My question is, should i upgrade to 1.1.2? Or should i do the upgrade to 1.1.3? Or should i wait one more month when Apple releases the next software plus the sdk environment to upgrade properly to something stable? Advice is requested and appreciated.

SharQy

Goto 1.1.2. If you don't need those other features then you're right, there is no point. I'd wait a bit longer for 1.1.3 as there is not benefit and there's a chance that when SDK stuff starts going that people are having to downgrade and upgrade as there might be a new fix from the Dev Team.

Here's a guide I used and it worked, just start at step 2.

http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...k_windows.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mmmhshiney For This Useful Post:

shaquk (2008-01-30)