Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade question

Default Upgrade question
    So I've looked through a bunch of threads so far, but I'm still not clear on something. I have a jailbroken/unlocked (w/iLiberty) iPhone with 1.1.4. I want to upgrade to 2.0 or 2.0.1. If I just upgrade to 2.0 will I re-lock my phone. I don't care if I lose all my apps and installer, just wanted to get the app store on there. Do I have to go through Winpwn to do this, or just an upgrade through itunes?

You have to use winpwn to pwned your iphone and build custom firmware. You can go straight to 2.0.1 with this. If you upgrade through itunes regularly, you will lock your phone. If you are with AT&T then you can upgrade regularly.

i am wanting to upgrade, do i have to uninstall everything that has been installed with installer?

No you don't. Installer is now back on with the new platform (2.0) but there are not a lot of programs as of today. If you absolutely need all of the third party programs then I would suggest you wait a few weeks for developpers to upgrade their packages.