Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help

Default Help
    Alright so I'm new to the whole Iphone experience and im loving it. My whole problem is I have 1.1.3 and when I bought it, it was a 1.1.2. Now since I upgraded I want to have the whole jailbroken phone so I can have some fun. Only problem is that there are about 20 different ways to downgrade so I can jailbrake could anyone tell me which one to use or PM me or email me at [email protected] to help me out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

i used the soft upgrade in installer to get to a jailbroken 1.1.3
    your gonna have to do some reading on the forums to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak that
    upgrade to 1.1.2 jailbreak that
    then soft upgrade to 1.1.3 thru installer
    i also had to use winscp to replace my lockdownd file because I didn't have any service after I jailbroke my 1.1.3
    all this info is available in the forums and guides, good luck
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

haha dang thats pretty much a foreign language to me. I have been checking out the boards and all this talk about firmware its just a little much. Can anyone point me in which messages or which discussion could help me out the best because there is already like 30 of how to downgrade and I have no clue which one is the easiest or which one is the better of all of them.

depends on your bootloader if you have a newer phone which if it came with 1.1.2 you do. In that case you CANNOT down grade it now. Only 3.9 bootloaders can be downgraded from 1.1.3 at this time