Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Endless Reboot>>>please Help

Exclamation Endless Reboot>>>please Help
    I was using ibrickr 0.91 to jailbreak my phone.
    My PC crashed right after the 1.2 finished downloading and started copying them to iphone.
    Now when my phone is on all you can see is booting up commands and then it reboots and so on...
    BTW the phone cant be seen by itunes or my PC and the 2 button reboot for crash mode doesnt do anything apart form restarting it. so no yellow triangle either.
    Im also running windows.
    Any ways of going about this?

same thing happened tome, i have no idea of what to do about it

did it happen with ibrickr too? exactly the same way?

Can your phone be started in Recovery mode? (Power on the phone holding the home button)

If you can do this it's easier to start the recovery for your phone.

no. as i said before. no recovery mode for us((( i cant get it into rcovery or detect it by my pc. any thoughts?

Try turning off your phone (just holding down the sleep button). then plug in your phone. If it turns on, then that means it can talk to the computer (in a way). You should hear a tone from the computer, meaning that something is connected (doesn't mean that it recognizes what is connected). Now you hold down home and sleep on the phone. You should hear another tone meaning a device is disconnected, when that happens, let go of sleep. hold down home untill you hear another sound saying that its connected, then you release home and start itunes.

I know you guys already tried a force install, but just wanted to clearify that you guys are putting in DFU mode properly.

I got impatient that first couple times I tried it.

ANother option is to call apple for a repair. they won't be able to read the files because, in order to read anything off of the phone, you need to complete the install first. Just mention what you said before, but nothing about jailbreaking (obviously) and if they asked if you installed any apps, be like "whats an app?"

If you go to an apple store and they can't fix it, its more likely that you will get a replacement than sending it in, but if your phones are really FUBAR'd then you will get a new one anyways

------------

Oh you can also try using jailbreak 1.1.2 version and have it try to reboot you phones.
    Last edited by Oranges; 2008-01-30 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What you guys need to do is plug in the iPhone to your computer then hold the sleep/wake and home button till your iPhone switches off then release the sleep/wake button but still holding the home button until yout iTunes able to connect to the iPhone again (we known as DFU mode) and it will ask you to do a restore. After the restore, your iPhone will be back to normal.

cheers