Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HALP!! think i screwed up my iPhone!

Default HALP!! think i screwed up my iPhone!
    Iwas following this guide:http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=31236

i had a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone running T-Mobile

and i got upto step 3 and i got to download the 1.1.3 soft upgrade but upon restart it froze. for a while actually . so i turned it off and it keeps freezing on the Apple logo on startup what did i do, and what can i do?

i just need to know if its bricked of not and wheather i can do anything about it

i just need to know if its bricked of not and wheather i can do anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiman View Post

and i got upto step 3 and i got to download the 1.1.3 soft upgrade but upon restart it froze. for a while actually . so i turned it off and it keeps freezing on the Apple logo on startup what did i do, and what can i do?

I have a similar symptom with the Apple icon coming up on the screen and constantly rebooting, but never getting very far. iTunes no longer recognizes the iPhone and neither can iphoneinterface.exe get a response from the iPhone.

I have a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone, I uninstalled most of my third party apps except for the BSD 2.0 subsystem and OpenSSH. I was using the Dev Team's Installer 1.1.3 jailbreak method, and during the upgrade process (using Installer program over wireless connection), I started getting error messages complaining about running out of disk space after about 20 minutes into the process. This is exactly why I uninstalled all the application; just so I would avoid this potential problem of running out of disk space.

I have no idea of next steps to restore this phone. Any ideas?

I have a similar symptom with the Apple icon coming up on the screen and constantly rebooting, but never getting very far. iTunes no longer recognizes the iPhone and neither can iphoneinterface.exe get a response from the iPhone.

I have a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone, I uninstalled most of my third party apps except for the BSD 2.0 subsystem and OpenSSH. I was using the Dev Team's Installer 1.1.3 jailbreak method, and during the upgrade process (using Installer program over wireless connection), I started getting error messages complaining about running out of disk space after about 20 minutes into the process. This is exactly why I uninstalled all the application; just so I would avoid this potential problem of running out of disk space.

Well, while updating to 1.1.3 it does appear to freeze, both at the package screen and the apple logo screen. If you just let it do its thing, it will eventually reboot. Try connecting your phone to itunes and restoring.

(Sorry for the multiple posts; my desktop browser seems to be having problems).

I've had the phone in this "reboot" state for about 10 minutes. The apple logo comes on for 8 seconds, then the screen goes blank/black, then repeats the 8 second apple logo, then back to blank/black screen. This seems to be looping endlessly. iTunes will not recognize the phone, so I can't get to the restore function.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jlmcallis For This Useful Post:

Wiiman (2008-01-30)

same with me. iTunes doesn not recognize my phone at all.

execpt for me the apple logo just stays there forever. Ive had it on for about a half hour.

http://www.iphonealley.com/tips-and-...-recovery-mode

I believe using the recovery mode and reloading with iTunes (restore) is our only option at this point. I'm proceeding down this path now.

The directions on the URL above mentions that to get into the recovery mode, to hold down the home key until a yellow triangle appears. This didn't work for me. I had to simultaneously hold down the home key and power button until I got the apple logo, then while keeping the home key depressed, I released the power button. Then the screen changed to having the iTunes icon and a cable icon on the iPhone and a message in iTunes saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jlmcallis For This Useful Post:

Wiiman (2008-01-30)

thanks! that helped alot! great can somebody give me a link where i can get to 1.1.3 from an unjailbroken or lockerd iphone?

(edit) if i restore it it will automatically got to 1.1.3, is there a way to downgrade it?
    Last edited by Wiiman; 2008-01-30 at 11:55 PM. Reason: forgot something

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

download 1.1.1, you can find the link in the guides on this site. hold the option ken when you click restore and select the 1.1.1 firmware then follow the guide to upgrade it. hope this helps

Wiiman,

Use the excellent instructions posted by "psybert".

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454

For me, this worked like a charm. It took an iPhone that refused to boot, had the apple icon constantly displayed during bootup, fixed my problem, and left me with a fully functional 1.1.3 capable iPhone.

I had to do the iPhone recovery process first, but after that, using the instructions posted by "psybert" walked me through the whole process.

From the FAQ section of the "psybert" posting, I skipped step 11 and used the Devteam's 1.1.3 Installer Jailbreak routine.

"This method and guide was designed for nate true's jailbreak. But it will also work with either Dev Teams or MMI's Jailbreak. If you wish to use Devteams or MMi's, follow the same steps except skip 11. Perform step 12 first, and then proceed with either the Devteam jailbreak or MMi Jailbreak. Then, proceed to step 13."

Hope this help you.