Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing EDGE menu fix 1.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by pegitt View Post
    It works fine for me no missing files!
    Hi, I have a 1.1.3(4A93) version iPhone, and I can't get EDGE to work, the apn setting frotmeh link u gave are

Carrier:Airtel (India)
    APN:airtelgprs.com
    User name:
    Password:

restating the phone with a wait of even 5 mins doesn't enable EDGE, can u help pls

Quote Originally Posted by merovee View Post
    Hi, I have a 1.1.3(4A93) version iPhone, and I can't get EDGE to work, the apn setting frotmeh link u gave are

Carrier:Airtel (India)
    APN:airtelgprs.com
    User name:
    Password:

restating the phone with a wait of even 5 mins doesn't enable EDGE, can u help pls
    What you have no EDGE menu or the settings are incorrect?

Would it be possible to create this fix for the installer package? One fix for each carrier?

It would be really useful for O2 users who have the EDGE menu missing

I had an EDGE menu before in my Settings, but I had to reset my iPhone and activate/jailbreak/unlock now I don't have an EDGE menu.

I have T-Mobile in the USA, how can I get my EDGE menu back?

also, I had put it in there before, but forget, what's the APN I would use? I do remember to leave Username and Password blank though.

For those of you having problems with the missing EDGE menu i have uploaded the modified EDGE Setting file to put the missing menu back in the network settings.

The files are for all the ORIGNAL iPhone supported service providers.

The ZIP files contain the modified and 'OLD' original file incase of a misshap.

You will need to SSH in to your phone to change the file!

The download links are as follows and contain insturctions on how to carry out the fix.

AT&T USA

O2 UK

ORANGE FRANCE

TIM ITALY

T MOBILE GERMANY

APN settings for every network world wide GO HERE

(WORKS FINE ON A 1.1.4 iPhone)

Hope this helps.

Pegitt
    How do I SSH my iphone, sorry...

Thumbs up Thank you!!
    For those of you having problems with the missing EDGE menu i have uploaded the modified EDGE Setting file to put the missing menu back in the network settings.

The files are for all the ORIGNAL iPhone supported service providers.

The ZIP files contain the modified and 'OLD' original file incase of a misshap.

You will need to SSH in to your phone to change the file!

The download links are as follows and contain insturctions on how to carry out the fix.

AT&T USA

O2 UK

ORANGE FRANCE

TIM ITALY

T MOBILE GERMANY

APN settings for every network world wide GO HERE

(WORKS FINE ON A 1.1.4 iPhone)

Hope this helps.

Pegitt
    Yay Pegitt! Thanks for this info. I copied the file over using WinSCP, and went to Settings, and there is the Settings/General/Networks/EDGE menu that was previously missing!! No need to reboot. I put in the Vodafone EDGE settings (internet,web,web) and was immediately able to connect to the internet (with WiFi turned off).

I think US users don't see this problem; but O2 UK phones have the EDGE settings menu disabled (at least 1.1.4 does).

Thanks for the info!! Lifesaver!

Can someone upload these files (O2 specifically) to a site that actually works please? Thanks. Uploading.com is full of malware and doesn't even work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12