Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 timezone (and SMS/email timestamp sorting) fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsathana View Post
    I have recently upgraded to 1.1.3 using the Soft Upgrade in Installer
    I have experience Problems. I changed TimeZone to Toronto and it didn't fix it
    See the post from JBrandon above! It works. I did exactly what you did with the soft upgrade.

Fukin Awsome>>>it Works!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has anyone got any problems after installing the sms timestamp fix from iphones.ru/r? ex. phones soft restarts when u get a text or when the text shows up outside of the sms app its left justified?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kerron View Post
    has anyone got any problems after installing the sms timestamp fix from iphones.ru/r? ex. phones soft restarts when u get a text or when the text shows up outside of the sms app its left justified?
    I had problems with receiving SMS as a pop up but nothing in the app. restored phone and restarting. will let you know if i find something

Quote Originally Posted by ae303hf View Post
    SOLUTION: turn on WiFi on the iPhone, ssh yourself into the system and fix timezone database permission:

chmod 777 /var/db/timezone

Then enter Settings / Date&Time and change your timezone back and forth, you'll notice system time will immediately follow accordingly (that was NOT true before the fix). Set timezone to your own, correct system time to reflect your time and you're done.

Kudos to kopernicus and Hawkman of hackint0sh forum who suggested this
    FINALLY THIS WORKED!!! First time I tried this solution on 1.1.3 it wouldn't work. I upped to 1.1.4 after reading this firmware solves the issue...IT DID NOT! I restored back to 1.1.3 right now and tried the "chmod 777 /var/db/timezone" command one more time and finally I think I fixed the problem. The only thing I'll add is that I had to restart my phone after running the command to notice the effect.

Update: Nevermind still F*cked
    Last edited by Bouzo; 2008-04-04 at 07:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12