Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 upgrade

Default Problems with 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 upgrade
    I have an OTB 1.1.1 iPhone that I've jailbroken and unlocked; used happily since October. I tried to follow the tutorial to upgrade to 1.1.2 found here (http://modmyi.com/.../Unlock_the_iPhone_1.1.2_%28Upgrade%29), but something failed and now I haven't been able to get out of recovery mode for about 24 hours. I've tried downgrading by Option-clicking Restore in iTunes and using the 1.1.1 IPSW file - the 1015 error occurs, then I'm supposed to use jailbreak.jar to boot out of recovery mode. That has never worked - "sending commands" sometimes goes to "waiting for reboot," sometimes not, but the phone never reboots.

I've also tried iNdependence (1.3.1) and it can't connect to the phone after the restore either. Do I have a brick?

hi i have the same exact problem with my iphone. i restored it back to version 1.1.1 but now i am totaly unable to jailbreak it. everytime i go to jailbreakme.com it doesnt work. i hope someone can help on this. one time i was able to jail break it but then i could not find any bsd subsystem or open ssh to instal it is very strainge.

by the way what is a brick?

Quote Originally Posted by msb2008 View Post
    by the way what is a brick?
    An iPhone that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by stylecramper View Post
    I have an OTB 1.1.1 iPhone that I've jailbroken and unlocked; used happily since October. I tried to follow the tutorial to upgrade to 1.1.2 found here (http://modmyi.com/.../Unlock_the_iPhone_1.1.2_%28Upgrade%29), but something failed and now I haven't been able to get out of recovery mode for about 24 hours. I've tried downgrading by Option-clicking Restore in iTunes and using the 1.1.1 IPSW file - the 1015 error occurs, then I'm supposed to use jailbreak.jar to boot out of recovery mode. That has never worked - "sending commands" sometimes goes to "waiting for reboot," sometimes not, but the phone never reboots.

I've also tried iNdependence (1.3.1) and it can't connect to the phone after the restore either. Do I have a brick?

I thought that jailbreak.jar was only for 1.1.2? I know to boot out of recovery mode on 1.1.1 I use ibrickr .91. Try using ibrickr to boot out of 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2

as someone said in a post i read, try jailbreakme2.com. I just tried it and it worked fine. I tried the original jailbreakme.com site and maybe it wasnt working right