Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issue: Pwnage Tool not working..

Question Issue: Pwnage Tool not working..
    Hello,

Glad someone could help.. going a bit nuts trying the whole thing over and over again doing things a bit different each time following different peoples instructions yet I am still here.. here being at the front door of a non pwn'ed 2.0.1 locked iPhone (1st Gen).

Here is a profile to help anyone out.. (Really who are helping me!)
    iTunes: Newest
    iPhone: 2.0.1 (Locked)
    Pwn: Nope

I have tried to restore to an old version of the firmware. Such as 1.1.1 or four but none will work.. I get a loving 20 error. I have also tried to use the steps in PwnageTool but when it comes to the part about DFU mode.. it will not do anything to the phone.. I get no where..

I am now here asking for the help of a fellow member of the forum who is.. well.. a lot smarter then I and can hopefully help me!

Thanks,
    Brandon

So basically, you cannot put the phone in DFU mode? When you are building your custom firmware, make sure your phone is NOT plugged in. Once the process is done, open up itunes and plug your iphone, and hold both the power and sleep button. Once the screen goes black release the sleep button only and keep your home button pressed until itunes recognizes your iphone in recovery mode. Your screen will still be black. Press OK and then OPTION-Click restore and find your custom firmware and let it do its thing.

I know how to put it in DFU mode. I am having issues with getting pwnagetool to do it's job at the end of creating the firmware image. Is it not made to do something to the iPhone before you run the restore?

Quote Originally Posted by Munzo View Post
    I know how to put it in DFU mode. I am having issues with getting pwnagetool to do it's job at the end of creating the firmware image. Is it not made to do something to the iPhone before you run the restore?
    no!

pwnage will create the image BEFORE you even have to put it into dfu/restore mode.

sounds like user error to me

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple Devil View Post
    no!

pwnage will create the image BEFORE you even have to put it into dfu/restore mode.

sounds like user error to me
    I use the easy steps. After it creates the image. It asks to put the iPhone into DFU mode by doing their steps. I do so but it fails. Is their another option?

To follow the steps, do you plug your iphone in? If so, it will detect your iphone in DFU mode. If you want, add my msn to your msn and I will try to help you live.

[email protected]

I have followed the steps down to the letter and it will not work. Does anyone know another way? btw satch is never on msn nor added me.

I am not always logged in to msn. It is open but I do work away from home so I am not always there to help.