Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts on Jailbroken 1.1.3

Default Contacts on Jailbroken 1.1.3
    Im trying to figure out this issues, haven't seen any reports of it. I trying to sync my contacts, I've tried two different machines, both with populated address books (Mac OSX 10.5), iTunes says the sync has completed yet no contacts are entered into the iPhone.

Im wondering if this has something to do with the limited space left from the upgrade? I have yet to find a solid procedure on removing the upgrade files..

Anyone else seeing this?

Sull

hey,
    I'm having the same issue. This is the third time I go from 111 (once upon a time I had an OTB 111) all they way up to jailbroken 113, and my contacts have not synced over. My music is syncing, but my calendar and mail aren't syncing either.
    Help?

Default Solution - Quick but not permanent fix
    I did a little searching using WinSCP and found that iTunes was syncing files (contacts and bookmarks) to the old (pre-1.1.3) directory which is var/root/Library/AddressBook. But in the new 1.1.3, the iPhone stores the contacts database under var/mobile/Library/AddressBook. So what i did was after itunes synced the contacts database under var/root/Library, i copied that contacts database file (AddressBook.sqlitedb and the Images) to the var/mobile/Libarary/AddressBook file, rebooted my iPhone, and my contacts showed up on my iPhone. SO for now, everytime you sync itunes you have to copy paste from var/root/ to var/mobile. tomorrow i will uninstall and reinstall iTunes so to see if this fixes it. but for now, my contacts are showing up.

Default Fixed
    after a thorough amount of googling, i found a fix. under the installer source http://installer.iclarified.com/ there is a package called syncfix, which will fix the problem
    However, after I installed syncfix, installer does not want to let me install anything else. Whenever I hit the install button, it downloads the file and then crashes back to the springboard. I do not know if this is connected, I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else who installs syncfix.

Quote Originally Posted by umlautumlaut View Post
    However, after I installed syncfix, installer does not want to let me install anything else. Whenever I hit the install button, it downloads the file and then crashes back to the springboard. I do not know if this is connected, I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else who installs syncfix.
    I had the same sync problem, but when i try to install the fix it crashes to springboard after the package download. This is probably because of the disc space?
    Last edited by smackjack; 2008-01-31 at 11:45 PM.

Default Try Again
    @ smackjack

it shoudnt be because f lack of disk space, the fix is a really small file

what i did is that i just restored to 1.1.1, and went all the way back up to 113 using the new jailbreakme.com, Oktoprep, 112 jeailbreaker and the official Dev team 113 jailbreaker. no sync problems, no insalling problems, everything is perfect. it only took about 1.5 hours