Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken 1.1.1 - USB Device Not Recognized

Default Jailbroken 1.1.1 - USB Device Not Recognized
    My iphone shows "USB Device Not Recognized" when I try to sync or recovery mode. I know it isn't my computer/cable as a friends iPhone is recognized.

Is there anything I can do? I have SSH access and Installer works.

What will Apple do if I try to have them fix and they see other apps on the phone? And of course if they do replace it I guss I've got to deal with 1.1.3.

BTW - I am a ATT customer.

Quote Originally Posted by misra View Post
    My iphone shows "USB Device Not Recognized" when I try to sync or recovery mode. I know it isn't my computer/cable as a friends iPhone is recognized.

What will Apple do if I try to have them fix and they see other apps on the phone? And of course if they do replace it I guss I've got to deal with 1.1.3.

Uninstall Itunes and reinstall on your computer. This should work. Worked for me.

Did you recently upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it? What method did you use? I ran into a similiar problem and had to recover to 1.0.2, jailbreak and upgrade to 1.1.1 using independence 1.3 to get it working properly.

I've had 1.1.1 running for months using jailbreakme.com. The issue is that I can't recover to any version as the iphone isn't recogized by the computer. Also, I've tried other computers and the phone isn't recognized. I've also tried a different iPhone on my computer at it works.

I guess I can try re-installing iTunes, but if the recover mode doesn't it sounds like hardware.

I've had 1.1.1 running for months using jailbreakme.com. The issue is that I can't recover to any version as the iphone isn't recogized by the computer. Also, I've tried other computers and the phone isn't recognized. I've also tried a different iPhone on my computer at it works.

I guess I can try re-installing iTunes, but if the recover mode doesn't it sounds like hardware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe go to Pref's & General and try and reset everything if you cannot get this working. . Then take it to Apple for a replacement.

I've tried re-installing itunes and not luck. Then resetting everyting also no luck. I now think I have to un-install all the apps (reset didn't do it) and go to apple. Unless anyone has other ideas?

I've tried re-installing itunes and not luck. Then resetting everyting also no luck. I now think I have to un-install all the apps (reset didn't do it) and go to apple. Unless anyone has other ideas?
    Can you get the phone into Recovery (DFU) mode ?

Have you tried this ?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305716

Don't send to Apple they will know you've Jailbroken it and they will say that your Warranty is void !!!
    Last edited by mmmhshiney; 2008-01-30 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Changes

I've tried recovery mode and it comes up as an un-recognized USB device. If I can't restore it to defaults, how do I remove any signs that I Jailbreaked? I've already un-installed most apps (I've kept SSH and the installer until I have everything else cleaned up).

I am an ATT customer; I thought Apple would fix hardware problems (which this looks like) if you were on ATT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, if you removed all the 3rd party App's & just kept the default iPhone apps as well as the default Icons etc ... I would suspect that if the USB thingy is not working, they would not be able to gain access either but just looks at the iPhone. They will most likely just give you a new iPhone.