Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.13 now or later?

Default 1.13 now or later?
    Question, in regards to 1.13 update, I know it can be done and you retain the 1.12 baseband so its unlocked.

I assume an unlock is underway for the new 1.1.3 baseband, so my question is do you upgrade now and keep the old baseband, or simply hang on until the new baseband can be unlocked then do an upgrade?

Just I dont like the idea of maybe doing and upgrade now, and having to do it all over again once unlock of the new baseband is possible.

Thanks!

You just answered your question. Waiting is what we all should do.

I dont think this 1.1.3 jailbreak is worth the effort.

The new features are limited, and I have not seen anyone offer a compelling reason to upgrade except for the hacking challenge of doing so.

I expected that I would be able to take a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone and simply jailbreak to 1.1.3 with little effort. I also expected that the upgrade was not a oneway ticket. It seems that once you jailbreak at 1.1.3 you cannot go back....so if the phone should fail or a program severely crash it you would have to restore 1.1.3 and then officially activate the phone (i.e., not be able to use an existing already activated ATT SIM).

If I am wrong in my assessment, please someone tell me how. Or just why anyone needs to be on this revision.