Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

Default Downgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.1
    hi guys can anyone help, i upgraded to firmware1.1.3 using itunes and now i can't downgrade to 1.1.1 whenever i try to shift+restore to 1.1.1 using windows it gives me unknown error[1], and but on 1.1.3 i can get the emergency screen but cannot access the springboard any ideas please?
    before my phone was ok working on 1.1.1 unlocked with anySim1.1 my bbloader 3.9... version 04.....G! week44,i would appreciate any ideas to help me out guys.
    thanks

hi guys from the emergency screen i dialed *3001#12345#* firmware version is 04.03.13G but can not still down grade to 1.1.1 unknown error [1] appears please help
    Last edited by Rasul; 2008-01-29 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

do this
    plug in ur phone
    press hold and home for 10 secs
    let go of hold, keeping holding down home until it shows in itunes
    screen will remain black
    this will get u past error 1
    restore using 1.1.1 twice!!
    u will get error 1015, this is ok
    after that u will have to use ur fav program to boot it out of DFU mode
    Last edited by scottvalentine; 2008-01-29 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added info
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottvalentine For This Useful Post:

Pikmaniaco (2008-01-29), powie (2008-01-29)

I did the same thing as he did, I restored my iphone to 1.1.3 and want to downgrade back to 1.1.1
    Can i downgrade to 1.1.1 and still be able to use my phone?

ok i had the same issue!
    error 1
    fix : phone is not on DFU mode.
    follow this guide
    this is the DFU file you need http://www.$end$pace.com/file/93fx93
    ( replace the $ with s )
    there is a DFU software that you would like to use.
    unzip the file to your root ( C: )
    then go to run and type : c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu
    wait till your phone has a white screen and your set to downgrade!!!

this works fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasul View Post
    hi guys can anyone help, i upgraded to firmware1.1.3 using itunes and now i can't downgrade to 1.1.1 whenever i try to shift+restore to 1.1.1 using windows it gives me unknown error[1], and but on 1.1.3 i can get the emergency screen but cannot access the springboard any ideas please?
    before my phone was ok working on 1.1.1 unlocked with anySim1.1 my bbloader 3.9... version 04.....G! week44,i would appreciate any ideas to help me out guys.
    thanks

hi guys from the emergency screen i dialed *3001#12345#* firmware version is 04.03.13G but can not still down grade to 1.1.1 unknown error [1] appears please help

Error [1] means you weren't in DFU Restore Mode, and just Restore Mode. To get into DFU Restore Mode. Turn up the volume on your PC speakers. Hold the HOME button and POWER BUTTON at the same time, and listen for the phone to DISCONNECT. Soon as you hear the phone DISCONNECT release the POWER button but continue to hold the HOME button. Now, as soon as you heat the phone RE-CONNECT release the HOME button. Look at your PC's task tray. You should see a bubble notice appear and it should say "DFU Restore" in it. Now you're in DFU Restore Mode and ready to downgrade. You can also checkout part of this guide and it should help you too. HERE