Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Baseband? What?

Default Baseband? What?
    This is a custom Jailbroken 2.0.1 Firmware for the iPhone 3G, this will not work on the first generation iPhones.

The new update really fixes a few well known bugs nicely, such as application launching speed, and almost 0 keyboard typing lag, which was a highly noticable thing on 2.0..

Be warned that there is a baseband update that occurs during this update that could impact the ability to unlock the device (if and when an unlock becomes available), we have not fully tested this baseband update as yet, but we think it is better to be safe than sorry, officially unlocked SIM-Free iPhone 3Gs will always remain unlocked with the updates you apply from Apple.

Remember, from a jailbreaking point of view the update process is always reversible, but this isnt the case for the 3G baseband, so your intended long term future use for the phone should help you decide what you do. If you always going to use the 3G phone with the original carrier then baseband updates are fine, if you are not then hold off.
    I just downloaded this.
    Basically my iPhone specs:
    3G, 2.0.1, Stock, unlocked, with ATT plan.

If I do JB it with this. (I trust it) Will it screw anything up in the future? I don't understand the baseband things.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkcore View Post
    I just downloaded this.
    Basically my iPhone specs:
    3G, 2.0.1, Stock, unlocked, with ATT plan.

If I do JB it with this. (I trust it) Will it screw anything up in the future? I don't understand the baseband things.
    If your using a mac use pwnage if your on Windoze use winpwn --> 3G Jailbreak Guide Here.

congrats on having the only 3g on 2.0.1 that is unlocked!

and there is no jailbreak for 2.0.1 today. it is expected tomorrow!
    Last edited by jakecigar; 2008-08-09 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

I havent.
    But I'm about to. :/

I didn't realize your specs showed 2.01. The Guide I linked you to is for 2.0.

Your gonna have to wait moe...

But if this thing says I can do it, how come I cant?
    Also, will I be able to do it tomorrow since they'll come out with the stuff?

But if this thing says I can do it, how come I cant?
    Also, will I be able to do it tomorrow since they'll come out with the stuff?
    Last edited by bonkcore; 2008-08-09 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost