Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Can I Upgrade From 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 or 2.0

Default How Can I Upgrade From 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 or 2.0
    How Can I Upgrade From 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 or 2.0? I Am New to these kind of things which is the easiest way to upgrade? i have windows btw

one more question how can i get the songs of the iphone i sync my iphone with a different computer and i dont have the songs how can i get them thanks

easiest way is just to update via itunes then use iliberty+. that will work a treat for 1.4

for 2.0 i think you need to use winpwn if you want to jailbreak.

also the best method is to download the firmware first, then press shift and the restore button in itunes, then you can pick the file you downloaded, this allows you to install exactly the one you want (whereas an itunes normal restore is to the latest firmware)

ps it may be also useful to virginize the phone first, then update, this could potentially fix any problems caused by the original unlock. i am not certain of this, but it couldn't really hurt. you can use the virginiser in installer, which, apparantly, works with 1.1.1 i haven't tried, this is just a suggestion. (to get it you need to install iunlock.no as a source)
    Last edited by duff man; 2008-08-08 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thank u for ur help but i cant get installer to work it keeps on crashing