Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading the baseband from 1.1.3

Default Downgrading the baseband from 1.1.3
    I had a 1.1.1 OTB iphone working great. It was jailbroken and I had no complaints. 1.1.3 looked pretty sweet so I did the software upgrade. Like many others, I was quite disappointed. My bluetooth wasn't working, my ringtones weren't working, and the locate me feature wasn't working.

instead of rolling back to 1.1.1 I followed this tutorial... http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454. I figured since I had an AT&T sim in my phone this would be great. I could have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone with the 1.1.3 baseband modem also.

Ofcourse it didn't actually jailbreak anything and everytime I try (I have tried 5 times) I end at the activation screen in itunes prompting me as if its an OTB 1.1.3 iphone. So my iPhone has the 1.1.3 software and baseband modem and I don't want to activate through itunes.

Is it currently possible to rollback my baseband modem to the one that I had with 1.1.1?

it's a chore, but i recommend trying this method

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

worked great for me, just took some time to finish (maybe an hour)

regards

pry

what if I did take the apple 1.1.3 upgrade...
    My iphone was all broken up.. and the only thing that worked was a restore to latest version..

Now it asks for activation. How can I downgrade? iTunes won't let me.. it throws error 1 or error 2001.

Here are some more details.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27933

Thanks

i don't know if i'm allowed to link you somewhere else or not, but i am having the same problems and i went from 1.1.3 j/b and unlocked to 1.1.1 j/b and unlocked using i.unlock.no there's a section on there where he tells you what to do to prep/downgrade baseband. hope that helps bud.

austin

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prybar View Post
    it's a chore, but i recommend trying this method

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

worked great for me, just took some time to finish (maybe an hour)

regards

pry
    It won't work. That tutorial is ONLY for 1.1.2 OTB. If you upgrade to 1.1.3 through iTunes and get the new baseband (04.03.13) you're in the same boat as me, pretty much screwed until the next firmware release.

Believe me, I've actually tried that tutorial. If you try it yourself you'll end up with an iPhone with scratched to hell sides and an error that says "Did you erase the flash first?". Good thing is after trying I was able to restore to 1.1.2 and didn't end up bricking my phone.

well, it may not work for 1.1.3, but it def is not for only 1.1.2 OTB. Since my phone is/was not 112 otb, and that guide works fine for me. I was under the impression that when he said software upgrade, it was the jailbreak...my mistake..

hopefully a solution comes out soon!

regards

pry

So there is no way to go from the iTunes' 1.1.3 to a 1.1.1 unlocked/jailbroken version ?

How will a new firmware version help up?

maybe I'm missing something but wont this work:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html

Actually, it won't work.. because when selecting firmware 1.1.1 file, it won't restore it. It extracts it but as soon as the next step starts, it throws an error saying it can't restore the iphone.

So everything following that part looks nice, but I can't get to that point..

Any other suggestions?

Actually, it won't work.. because when selecting firmware 1.1.1 file, it won't restore it. It extracts it but as soon as the next step starts, it throws an error saying it can't restore the iphone.

So everything following that part looks nice, but I can't get to that point..

Any other suggestions?

Unless I'm missing some secret step you guys did, this should work for you if you follow the steps exactly. I upgraded to 1.1.3, then did this to get back to 1.1.1 and it all worked just fine. here's the link http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...1.1.2-or-1.1.3

And I quoted what he says to do below;
    How do i downgrade a 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 phone?
    Downgrade the main firmware:
    Connect the phone to the computer and launch iTunes (v7.6 NOT recommended).
    Restore your phone like explained in details here.
    You will get an error when restore is complete, just ignore it and run AppTapInstaller.exe (to Mac users: iNdependence should do the same.
    AppTapInstaller.exe will fail, but your phone will get to the Activation Screen now!
    When on the activation screen, just follow my tutorial to jailbreak and bypass activation
    Now your phone main firmware is ok, but to get the phone part working properly you should also downgrade your baseband firmware. At the moment this is NOT possible if your phone already had 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 when you bought it (meaning it has the new bootloader). If you accidentally upgraded your phone to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 and want to go back to 1.0.2 or 1.1.1, read on.

Downgrade the baseband firmware:

Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
    Start Installer and install BSD SubSystem found in System Category.
    Go to Sources and tap edit and add http://i.unlock.no/
    Now install "Baseband Downgrader" found in Unlocking Tools category. This will take around 5 minutes.
    When done, restore your phone to get 1.1.1 firmware reinstalled.
    When phone have been restored, you can Activate and unlock as normal.

Yeah that method is only for 3.9 bootloaders, we all have 4.6 bootloaders so we cannot modify the baseband atm.

Quote Originally Posted by jameselder232 View Post
    Yeah that method is only for 3.9 bootloaders, we all have 4.6 bootloaders so we cannot modify the baseband atm.
    but the original poster said that he had a 1.1.1 OTB, which i thought had a 3.9 BL (mine did)

Ok call me a noob, but I need a few things cleared up. I have an iphone 1.1.2 OTB, which I jailbroke only to attempt to upgrade to 1.1.3 jailbreak, which for some reason messed up my phone. Like an idiot I restored and updated to 1.1.3. Now I have looked absolutely everywhere online for a way to downgrade back to 1.1.1 to re-jailbreak, but it appears impossible at this point in time. This is due to the bootloader on my iphone being 4.6 as opposed to 3.9. I ask anyone looking through these forums to explain what bootloading is and why it affects downgrading. I also ask anyone in this community to update me on the status of a possibly modifying the baseband, because I have followed various tutorials and been able to get installer on my computer. I guess at this point whats needed is a baseband modifier for 4.6 bootloaders as an option for apptapp install.

Quote Originally Posted by crashzilla00 View Post
    Unless I'm missing some secret step you guys did, this should work for you if you follow the steps exactly. I upgraded to 1.1.3, then did this to get back to 1.1.1 and it all worked just fine. here's the link http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-down...1.1.2-or-1.1.3

And I quoted what he says to do below;
    Thanks man.. this worked perfectly. I had the 1.1.3 baseband modem on my iphone and now I'm back to a functioning, jailbroken, 1.1.1 iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by chiperten View Post
    Thanks man.. this worked perfectly. I had the 1.1.3 baseband modem on my iphone and now I'm back to a functioning, jailbroken, 1.1.1 iphone.
    You're welcome. If you look at the bottom right hand of this post you'll see there's a little box to say thank you to me, click it for me if you would.

thx,
    austin