Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie with a Jailbreak question-yes or no?

Default Newbie with a Jailbreak question-yes or no?
    Hello, I just purchased a used first gen iphone 4GB. I wanted the first gen due to longer battery life and 3G speed is not the important to me. Having the MS EXchange server and MS outlook sync option is very important. I was told if I download the v2.0 firmware I can have those options on my first generation phone. Here is my question, my phone is not unlocked, I have AT&T so I didn't need it unlocked. I am interested in jail breaking. For my job there may be some programs I could utilize. I am a bit nervouse to try jailbreaking it because of all this "bricking" discussion. Being a novice is this something I should avoid, so I don't ruin my phone?

jailbreaking is pretty straightforward these days, bricking shouldn't be a concern if you do it properly. but should there be a problem, you can just restore the firmware (2.0) and try again.

also i have 1.4 and it syncs with outlook whenever i plug it in, however you need 2.0 for exchange

thanks for the info. I am now going to see if my office will give me exchange server access.