Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nate's or Dev Team 1.1.3 Jailbreak - Advantages/differences

Default Nate's or Dev Team 1.1.3 Jailbreak - Advantages/differences
    What are the differences between Nate's and the Official Dev Teams 1.1.3 soft-upgrade?

Does one version have any problems or advantages?

Any listing of the differences or superiority of one to the other would be greatly appreciated.

Both have problems that somehow outweighs all the benefits. But the underlying one has been the lockdown and user level ownership symblinking (I think) somebody may give you a better answer...

Default Heres an opinion
    I trieed it three ways:

1. Nate True
    2. Dev Team Manual Install
    3. Dev Team Installer install

They all are buggy and the third party app are not taking very well. The radio/modem issues are scattered, and the ipod music ability is iffy as well.

I found that Nate True and manual install is the best. I read that Nate True's is not setup for apps coming in Feb, but I gaurantee he's working on that (important factor). The Dev Team installer version is the worst, and I would avoid it.

The customize app patch posted on here works on the manual install but not on the installer version. I would wait a couple of days for updates on these, but if you cant go with a Dev Team manual install

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steamer702 For This Useful Post:

bjhinton (2008-01-29)

Any update in regards to which is NOW the best 1.1.3 soft update?

Quote Originally Posted by steamer702 View Post
    I trieed it three ways:

1. Nate True
    2. Dev Team Manual Install
    3. Dev Team Installer install

They all are buggy and the third party app are not taking very well. The radio/modem issues are scattered, and the ipod music ability is iffy as well.

I found that Nate True and manual install is the best. I read that Nate True's is not setup for apps coming in Feb, but I gaurantee he's working on that (important factor). The Dev Team installer version is the worst, and I would avoid it.

The customize app patch posted on here works on the manual install but not on the installer version. I would wait a couple of days for updates on these, but if you cant go with a Dev Team manual install

Quote Originally Posted by bjhinton View Post
    Any update in regards to which is NOW the best 1.1.3 soft update?
    At the moment, i would go with zibri's true 1.1.3 jailbreak. But hell, there will probably be 5 new ones by next week