Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie question!!! Help me clarify please!

Default Newbie question!!! Help me clarify please!
    Hey guys, im new to the iphone scene, can people help me clarify things? i wanna jailbreak my iphone, but im confused with all the things with pwnage tool and winpwn.

first of all, is winpwn the WINDOWS version of pwnage tool or both of these 2 programs are needed to jailbreak the iphone?

and i updated my firmware to 2.0.2, so do i have to wait for a later version of winpwn to be realease to get it done? or i can use the current version 2.0.3? thanks!

you are correct pwnage is for mac
    and winpwn is for windows
    so you only need one of the pwn tools depending what operating system your using

if you have a 3G and windows use winpwn 2.0.0.3

what version would you recommend for a 1st gen iphone 16gb with XP please?

Also is winpwn the program that has the "all in one click" feature to unlock, jailbreak and activate?

Is there a way of reverting back to the iphones original state if it all goes wrong?

Hopefully someone can help another newbie out!

winpwn only supports fw 2.0 (not 2.0.1) so you will need to wait on that one, shouldn't be long tho.

tikigod, i think the all in one program is ziphone (which people don't like to talk about in these parts) if you want 2.0 then you need to use winpwn. however if you just want 1.4 then iliberty+ is great.

ps remember only 1st gen iphones can be unlocked on fw 2.0

thanks duffman that's a perfect response. Liberty for 1.4, winpwn for 2.0! Got it.

Am I right in saying people dont like 2.0 as its not as stable as 1.1.4?

What's the beef with ziphone?! LOL