Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Default Desperately in need of help downgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.2

Default Default Desperately in need of help downgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.2
    All of the guides I have read that cover downgrading from a jailbroken 1.1.3 (via Nate True's jailbreak) to a jailbroken 1.1.2 either give the instructions on how to do so via a Windows PC (I am on a Macintosh), or they describe doing so for phones with bootloaders 4.6 and up (1.1.2 Out of Box and later)...mine is bootloader 3.9 (I believe)

As I said, I am using a Macintosh, have the latest version of iTunes installed, have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone (via Nate True's jailbreak), my modem's firmware is 04.01.13_G, and the first couple digits of the serial number of my iPhone are 7T725xxxxxx (which I believe means it was one of the iPhones from the first batch that shipped - week 25)

Jailbreaking my iPhone with 1.1.3, and then subsequently trying to fix the Google 'Locate Me' feature of the Maps.app with a lockdownd file that was most likely the wrong file has really screwed up my phone (no wifi, etc, etc.), and at this point I desperately need to know what the absolute simplest way possible is to downgrade my iPhone to a jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware, so that i can then apply the newer iphone dev team release of the 1.1.3 jailbreak)...

As noted here, in comparing the iPhone Dev Team's 1.1.3 release VS. Nate True's 1.1.3 release:

Supposedly NateTrue's method will break functionality needed to support official 3rd party apps when they come out in February, so it is a good idea to use this method instead.
    PLEASE HELP!!! I need to know the simplest, Macintosh/jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone/bootloader 3.9 compatible method to get back to jailbroken 1.1.2 (to then apply the newer iPhone Dev Team 1.1.3 jailbreak)!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks so much!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

You can use this guide

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

When it says put your phone into DFU Mode, do this (since you don't have windows and can't use the windows program)

Step 1. Hold Power and Home button, the iPhone should now reboot.

Step 2. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but HOLD the home button.

Step 3. iTunes will tell you that you are in restore mode.

When the guide tells you to use ibrickr to get out of recovery mode, use the latest version of Independence instead, found here

http://code.google.com/p/independence/

When you are ready to jailbreak 1.1.2, you can use the jailbreak.jar found here

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

I just went through this and am really, really tired (5:30am here). I hope this makes sense, if you get stuck, shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by Jodiedicie; 2008-01-28 at 11:41 AM.

I'm trying your suggestion of using INdependence but when I start it up, all buttons are grayed out, can't do anything with the program. It says, on the bottom that it is connected to an iPhone in recovery mode.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

That's right, it is supposed to say that, let it sit and it will kick your phone out of recovery mode, you don't need to do anything with the buttons on the top. Once your phone is out of recovery mode, exit out of independence and continue on with the guide. I had forgotten to check this thread yesterday, sorry about that, you will probably hear from me faster if you get stuck, by sending me a PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodiedicie For This Useful Post:

mikegoldnj (2008-01-30)