Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: problems upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2(3)

Default Help: problems upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2(3)
    Hi, I have been running an unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone upgraded from 1.0.2. I decided tonight that it was time to upgrade to 1.1.2(and then 1.1.3).

I tried following the directions on modmyi and downloaded the 1.1.2-jailbreak Folder and ran jailbreak.jar, but then nothing happened.

Now my phone is stuck on a screen that turns off an on every so often that basically is a screen that has two images one of the itunes logo and another of a connector image with an arrow basically saying to connect to itunes... then when I connect the phone to itunes it just says Summary and wants me to do a restore.

Please let me know what my options are, and if anyone has had similar problems.

Thanks.
    Chris

anyone have any ideas?

Well, I suffered the same experience quite a few times and had to do one of two things.
    Either (a) try connecting using Independence / iBrickr to boot the phone - this worked some of the time. Or (b) restore to 1.1.1 and try again - this happened a lot.

It is funny you posted this... just happened to me... I wanted to get my phone back to a clean slate...

I was nervous about it, but I used iNdependence.... and it fixed the issue!

I've been trying to do the option click restore from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and I get an error saying "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An Unknown error occurred (1).

any ideas?