Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone upgrading and backup, need advice.

Default Iphone upgrading and backup, need advice.
    hey, so i have a iphone 1.1.3 and am finally thinking of upgrading it.

My first worry is the apps, i know am gonna loose them under the upgrade so i want to back them up. to do this do i just copy all the apps i want to backup to my computer and reinsert them after upgrading? but arent there more files i need to backup thats related to the different apps?

now to the upgrade part, should i upgrade to 2.0 or just to 1.1.4? are all the apps compatible with 2.0 yet?

and after i upgrade do i need to unlock my iphone over again or do i just need to jailbreak it again?

1.1.4 has more apps
    2.0 will have them soon
    your choice on which one u want

and no, u cant just backup your apps by saving the folders
    u need to reinstall them when u update, so just write down which apps u had and redownload once u update.

once u update u will need to redo everything, that means u need to unlock and jailbreak again. if u choose 1.1.4, then use iliberty+...if u choose 2.0, then use winpwn

so its your choice. if u want more third party apps, then choose 1.1.4
    if u want a more stable system that will eventually be up to speed, choose 2.0

okey, well then i think i will wait until 2.0 has as much as 1.1.4. is there any website or something where i can check from time to time how far 2.0 has come?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jks View Post
    okey, well then i think i will wait until 2.0 has as much as 1.1.4. is there any website or something where i can check from time to time how far 2.0 has come?
    modmyi.com
    To live, you have to lie

hey, long time since i've posted in this now, has the latest firmware caught up with the rest ones?

2.0.2 is just pure awesomeness. I could never go back to run anything less. There's PLANTY of apps to use, and the ones on the App Store are awesome!