Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade OTB 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

Default Downgrade OTB 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 to 1.1.1
    I have read through the tutorials provided by sidetalker on downgrading a week 44 or under iphone that had been upgraded to 1.1.3 with the older bootloader. However, my question is:

IS THERE A WAY TO DOWNGRADE A OTB 1.1.3 OR A OTB 1.1.2 THAT HAD BEEN UPGRADED TO 1.1.3 WITH THE 4.6 BOOTLOADER?

I have tried looking everywhere but the closest thing I have found is on nate trues web blog saying to use ibrickr but i have not been able to get that to work either. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

the only way to downgrade it is to downgrade the bootloader and then downgrade the firmware

How would I downgrade on a 1.1.3 unjailbroken phone? I am trying to downgrade, but it will not go through.

People on here say it can't be done but I did it. I had a 1.1.2 OTB and upgraded to a non JB 1.1.3 with 4.6 baseband. To downgrade to 1.1.1 so I could reinstall 1.1.3 JB, these are the steps I took. Keep in mind this is on a Macbook Pro with Leopard and itunes (7.6) and I am using a AT&T iphone with correct sim and plan. Do this at your own risk and I am not providing links to all the files so you will have to do some searching.

-open itunes and connect your phone.
    -hold down the power button and home button until the screen turns black and it disconnects from itunes, as soon as it does, continue holding the home button and release the power button. Hold the home screen button until itunes reconnects with it, the screen should remain black.
    -now follow the wiki guide for (Dec. 1st, 07. - Updated OS X Getting Started Guide to be current with 1.1.2 methods NEW!). Start the guide from where you hold the option key to choose your 1.1.1 restore file. Only follow this guide until you have a jailbroken 1.1.1.
    -now you should have a jailbroken 1.1.1 that is not activated.
    -Now you upgrade to 1.1.3 by nate trues mac osx package you can find on the main page
    -Once you have done this you need to install BSD subsystems and openssh.
    -Use cyberduck to ssh the lockdown file found in these threads set it's permissions to 0777. After that connect back to itunes and your phone should now be fully functional.
    The only thing I had to fix were the stock ringtones, but there is a fix on installer.

Method used pages 1-2, then up to 1.1.3

i bought a 15G i phone and i need to unlock it. does anyone know how i can do that???