Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.1 Jailbroken to 1.1.3...with a catch...no iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Arrow 1.0.1 Jailbroken to 1.1.3...with a catch...no iTunes.
    OK, so I got my iPhone pretty much day 1, FW 1.0.1. I did the original Jailbreak, and everything since then through Installer.app. I never bothered upgrading as it didn't seem worth the hassle. However, in the last few months there have been several programs I can't install as they require a higher firmware than mine, and now with 1.1.3 with some worthwhile features being jailbroken it seemed time to take the plunge.

Here's the catch, the only computer easily available to me (a PPC Mac Mini) doesn't recognize the iPhone when I plug it in, so no iTunes. It's not a problem with the Phone, after some testing it seems my USB ports are somehow dead.

I can get into the iPhone fine using SSH.

SO:

Is there a way to get a Jailbroken 1.0.1 iPhone to a softgraded 1.1.3 without using iTunes; in other words, entirely using SSH.

Worst case, I can wait until next weekend and use a friends Windows PC...but it just seems more 'l33t h4x0r' to do it myself in a Terminal ;-)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the "official jailbreak" which was release about 1/2 hour ago will do it this way. I'm not sure what the process is to get the files on it (the pack they have us downloaded is like 300kb). Not sure if after setting the pack (you do it via SSH) if it requires a USB connection or not.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings