Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Get out of DFU mode....any ideas?

Banned
    Thanks

Default Can't Get out of DFU mode....any ideas?
    So i am jailbreaking 1.1.3 and i am trying to stay unlocked. i downgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3 but i can't get out of DFU mode. i have tried ibricker and wnstaller but it just wont get out. does anybody have an idea???

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Had his same issue at least 5 times. you just need to restore. It will not boot out of DFU mode.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks

and after i restore what should i do?

Thanks

Try again
    Took me 5 tries but I finally got it. I had to use windows xp (windows xp mode on vista didn't work for me)

EVERYTHING works though, inlcuding google maps. My only issue is I have 7.3 gigs of total space and only 7.1 available. I don;t know where that stinking file is or how to delete and nobody helps me T_T lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

fat x nub (2008-01-27)

Banned
    Thanks

do i restore to 1.1.3? cuz i gotta stay unlocked. also, did u use the special version of ibricker just for the 1.1.3 jailbreak or ibricker 0.91?
    btw: i hit the thanks button for u...thanks for the help
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-27 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks

no prop about the help
    DO NOT restore to 1.1.3 EVER
    Do 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, 1.1.2, jailbreak and then the ibrickr 1.1.3 jailbreak program
    Its a B*TCH but once you get it working it's worth it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

fat x nub (2008-01-27)

Banned
    Thanks

will i have to unlock again?? and if so...how and when? if i do need to unlock will i need to downgrade the baseband and viginize? i am currently unlocked with IPSF
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-27 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks

You shouldn't need to unlock again, no.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

fat x nub (2008-01-27)

Banned
    Thanks

u are my hero

Thanks

Good luck!

*crossing fingers*

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Good luck!

*crossing fingers*
    hahaha...it worked the first time! YEAH!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    hahaha...it worked the first time! YEAH!
    awesome!

Run iNdependnce or iBrickr. ALWAYS works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    NOPE. Not with this issue. (Read the post to see what the issue was)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Well. No. It works, but not always.
    ANYWAY...i had my phone jailbroken on 1.1.1 w/the 1.1.3 baseband. However, i was stuck on the "chcking iPhone screen". How long should that normally take. Cuz after 15 minutes i quit and restored to 1.1.1 but now its stuck in DFU mode again

EDIT: well i usually kick the phone out of DFU mode with winstaller and by clicking on "Activate". I have done it that way with previuos phones over 20 times. And i though...."who cares, i will try winstaller again...and it worked!" wish m more luck as i tr to get to 1.1.3

EDIT: wow.....i go to 1.1.3 jailbroken but the signal.app doesnt give me a signal
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-27 at 05:01 PM.

My iphone is stuck in DFU mode and doesnt come out, ive tried ibricker it doesent recognise my iphone and when my iphone is in DFU mode and i use ZiPhone it Sez i have to restore via itunes i cant even do that !
    What Shall i do ?