Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official Dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak is here

So now what should all the people that have used Nate's method already? Can we re-do it with the dev's method? Or are we stuck with out broken apps?

hey can someone help me, i just did the official jailbreak and everything is coole xcept im having serious installer issues. whenever i try to install something the screen goes black and then returns to springboard as soon as it begins to install, the folder appears in the applications folder but its not listed under Uninstall, and not in Springboard, the exception is that when i restarted i saw apollo for some reason and was able to open it, but when i ran it the screen just went black and returned to springboard again, are these permissions issues? if so how do i fix installer? im on osx atm please help someone..

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    How is it worse? I typed one line to do the whole process, and theres no bandaid patchwork to go through afterwards to get simple things like your ringtones or email to work again.
    Why you say?

Quote Originally Posted by HaiLong View Post
    hey can someone help me, i just did the official jailbreak and everything is coole xcept im having serious installer issues. whenever i try to install something the screen goes black and then returns to springboard as soon as it begins to install, the folder appears in the applications folder but its not listed under Uninstall, and not in Springboard, the exception is that when i restarted i saw apollo for some reason and was able to open it, but when i ran it the screen just went black and returned to springboard again, are these permissions issues? if so how do i fix installer? im on osx atm please help someone..
    This is why. Without Installer - this is useless.

Main script execution filed.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    Like HyperTerminal?

Sorry I need you to hold my hand through this lol. I'm on Windows XP. Is that right or do I need to download something?
    The Windows parallel to the Mac OS Terminal is PuTTY.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PuTTY

@wePhone please elaborate? what do i need to do to fix installer?

Quote Originally Posted by HaiLong View Post
    @wePhone please elaborate? what do i need to do to fix installer?
    That's the thing - there's nothing you can do.

can anyone confirm this is 100% real and does it work and can someone put up some real instructions if so, thanks all

aenema6x
    It's real, kinda complicated though and you need to know how to use ssh. I got it working and I have service and everything because of the lockdownd file for 1.1.3... I'm no good at making a tutorial though...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here's a guide catrlple submitted. Don't know how it works, but he has done it with 3 phones and says it works

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/OsX113devjailbreak

Okay, after 7 resotrations and 4 re-installs of installer, I have t all working

Notes:

Install BSD Subsystem and installer ON 1.1.2 not 1.1.3.
    Downgrade Baseband before going to 1.1.2

ok thanks i ll wait till there is a true tutorial , I tried Nates, but it messed up my phone so I had to restore all the way back to 1.1.1 and eveything is fine, took 3 hours BTW and lots of sweat so I dont want to upgrade to this one unless I know if all the bugs are fixed and google maps and everthing works including installer and such, I hope someone an admin creates a full tutuorial soon, thanks

aenema6x
    Actually with this you can go straight from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. You don't need to downgrade your baseband at all unless your unlocked I guess. I was 1.1.3 unjailbroken, dfu restored to 1.1.1, restored to 1.1.1 normally, then jailbreak and so on.

*edit* Don't forget to do the lockdownd for 1.1.3.. if your an at&t customer or no service.
    Last edited by aenema6x; 2008-01-27 at 01:51 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to aenema6x For This Useful Post:

iphoneaddict (2008-01-27)

The jb works fine here, No probs with installer either. The only weird Thing I found was that after updating / jail-breaking to 1.1.3 & deleting the disk0s1.dd file, I updated iTunes to the latest ver (7.6) right after doing this it shows 288mb in the "other" folder on iTunes, Wtf is up with that

Edit :- Ok it looks likes folks that upgrade to iTunes ver 7.6 have this problem where the "Other" data in the iTunes increases to over 200mb check this link for more info . . . unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any fix . . . yet

Link - "http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6413265"
    Last edited by Sean_Dillon; 2008-01-28 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Updating Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Dillon View Post
    The jb works fine here, No probs with installer either. The only weird Thing I found was that after updating / jail-breaking to 1.1.3 & deleting the disk0s1.dd file, I updated iTunes to the latest ver (7.6) right after doing this it shows 288mb in the "other" folder on iTunes, Wtf is up with that
    Where is the disk0s1.dd file located?

Quote Originally Posted by aenema6x View Post
    Actually with this you can go straight from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. You don't need to downgrade your baseband at all unless your unlocked I guess. I was 1.1.3 unjailbroken, dfu restored to 1.1.1, restored to 1.1.1 normally, then jailbreak and so on.

*edit* Don't forget to do the lockdownd for 1.1.3.. if your an at&t customer or no service.
    Although it is possible to upgrade from 1.1.1 the iPhone isn't as stable as going from 1.1.2. You also get the DRM issue and the fact that the SDK may not work in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin2046 View Post
    Where is the disk0s1.dd file located?
    WinSCP into ur iPhone and it should be in Private/Var dir, for me the file size was around 266mb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123