Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK iPhone 1.1.3 JB PAYG

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default UK iPhone 1.1.3 JB PAYG
    Hello, i have a o2-UK 1.1.2 OTB iPhone and yesterday i used the 1.1.3 soft upgrade to jailbreak 1.1.3 so at the moment i have a UK iPhone with 1.1.3 firmware and 1.1.2 baseband and o2 PAYG sim card, However i was wondering is there any way that i can have a fully functioning iPhone with 1.1.3 baseband and 1.1.3 firmware and still be able to use my o2-UK PAYG sim card, if so how would i be able to do this.

Thanks in advance

Also would it be possible for a UK section in the forums please because it is confusing when looking through heaps of guides to find out that its for AT&T or T-MOBILE, Just a suggestion, thank you

Anybody!!!!
    Last edited by evil_shorty; 2008-01-27 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

got the exact same prob... wish that someone can help with a good answer!

thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Simply put... no
    Not yet, but possibley soon (or at least some day)
    As it stands they have JAILBROKEN 1.1.3 not unlocked it. An unlocked 1.1.3 only occurs if you had an unlocked 1.1.2 or lower because the lock status was not changed. Simply put, this portion is not re-written in the spceial unlock file of 1.1.3 update because all of those steps you took to get there "erased" this portion.)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

so there is no way we can use the iphone as a phone till we get the unlock???? thought there would be away where we can use the O2 sim card with no unlock??? as the phone is O2 already?!?!?!?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope. This issue was addressed with the new firmware in 1.1.3 to basically FORCE people to use a contract. There is a thread about how to run some sim program every time you boot up the phone to allow you to use another sim, but I have not tried it. It's in the forums someplace but it's a pain in the *** to do as I reboot often.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Belhaj (2008-01-27)

ok thanx for explaining that... as i thought it was possible and am just missing the point somehow... and been trying to search for it all over...

thanx again