Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my ONLY problem with my 1.1.3 jailbreak

Default my ONLY problem with my 1.1.3 jailbreak
    I did the upgrade about 30 minutes after it's release, and midway through updating I read all the horror stories. I forgot to uninstall my apps, so I panicked.

After the ibrickr did it's thing, at the point where I was supposed to go in and install the soft update, I uninstalled all my apps(except bsd)

I then installed the soft update and it hung at 50%.

I did a hard reset and when it booted back up i was at 1.1.3. everything worked(except locateme, downloaded it, all good now)

the ONLY thing that I cannot get to work is the passcode lock.

I go into settings, put in a passcode, confirm, then exit.

As soon as I lock my phone and then unlock, it never prompts for a passcode.

I know I shouldn't be complaining after reading some of the horror stories but I have some really nosey friends and would like this resolved haha. Anyone else have this problem??

The 1.1.3 Mail fix on Big Boss' installer repo takes care of the problem, or it did for me, and I've seen others say it did for them as well. If you would rather do it manually though, there is a thread over on hackint0sh about it with a manual fix, if you feel like digging around a little for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to devlinrandom For This Useful Post:

ecnovaec (2008-01-26)

thanks a lot!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

it could be the fact you hard resetted the phone in the middle of the soft upgrade. It's normal that it hangs at 50%. you just have to be patient and it would have restarted by itself in 1.1.3.