Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has Anyone Updated To 2.01 Yet?

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Default Has Anyone Updated To 2.01 Yet?
    Ran across a few articles with the update and read that some people are having problems with the apps not working and such..

Anyone having problems with the update so far? I have not update yet here....

I updated last night, havent had any issues I've noticed yet

Thanks

Updated on the weekend soon as Pwnage was released. No problems, less lag, and all programs working.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

All systems go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no problem here..updated on monday..all apps are working just fine.

The reception is at 40% since the update on both of my iPhones.
    I hate it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone point me in the right direction to an 'idiots' guide on how to upgrade to 2.01 - already jailbroken on 1.1.4.

Cheers

Ian

yeah i think i need that to

I updated a couple days ago....Now my Phone app doesnt work ....I can receive calls and make them if i go into the contacts and select a contact, but i cant open to phone app.

I haven't yet, reading too much bad news to do that yet, il wait for a full proof way, plus they updated winter board im quite fine on 2.0 anyways
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

I upgraded from 2.0 unlocked n jailbroken 2g i used a custom firmware to upgrade from demonoid. installer 4 cydia and app store and there apps the whole shebang works perfect and the keyboard lag has lessened too

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I upgraded from 2.0 unlocked n jailbroken 2g i used a custom firmware to upgrade from demonoid. installer 4 cydia and app store and there apps the whole shebang works perfect and the keyboard lag has lessened too
    Care to share how?

I did on one of my 2g phones using pwn latest no problems at all.

bug3000 I upgraded my 2g iPhone not 3g using that way I had used ziphone to unlock n jailbreak my 1st gen iPhone, then when 2.0 came out it was for osx so instead of waiting for winpwn I used cosmoLV's way to upgrade to 2.0 that meant pwning my iTunes n neutring my iPhone u can google that I pressume, anyhow after that when 2.0.1 firmware came out I could hve used the new winpwn but rather I downloaded a custom 2g 2.0.1 firmware from demonoid.com and just connected my iPhone to my already pwned itunes put the phone in dfu mode n shift + restore chose the custom firmware n voilą. Hope that's clear enough

I upgraded to fw 2.0.1 on Tuesday and it worked great. Here is a post that I laid out my steps. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...n-2-0-1-a.html

Everything works flawlessly: phone, mail, youtube, maps, locateme, cydia and all apps. I have downloaded several from both appstore and cydia. they are working great.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    bug3000 I upgraded my 2g iPhone not 3g using that way I had used ziphone to unlock n jailbreak my 1st gen iPhone, then when 2.0 came out it was for osx so instead of waiting for winpwn I used cosmoLV's way to upgrade to 2.0 that meant pwning my iTunes n neutring my iPhone u can google that I pressume, anyhow after that when 2.0.1 firmware came out I could hve used the new winpwn but rather I downloaded a custom 2g 2.0.1 firmware from demonoid.com and just connected my iPhone to my already pwned itunes put the phone in dfu mode n shift + restore chose the custom firmware n voilą. Hope that's clear enough
    That is crystal clear, i thought it was pure computers that made posts on this site, but you proved me wrong, another question though Since i used winpwn 2.0.0.3 to upgrade to 2.0 will there be any complications with using the new winpwn to go 2.0.1, im very skeptical about it cause i been reading about the trouble people been having, i am using the 2g phone as well, on win XP

hi
    i updated 1st gen iphone today from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1. i had no problems, worked first time. app store is very good.

everything works perfect for me except customize
    *the only replacement for displacement is boost!*

*if its not boosted its not worth having*

Well i updated to 2.0.1 and my wifi doesnt work properly, i see the connections, i can connect but no activity when i browse, i have to restart the phone and then it works, when i disconnect, i have todo the same thing again to be able to browse

Any thoughts on this guys?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebug3000 View Post
    Well i updated to 2.0.1 and my wifi doesnt work properly, i see the connections, i can connect but no activity when i browse, i have to restart the phone and then it works, when i disconnect, i have todo the same thing again to be able to browse

Any thoughts on this guys?
    go into settings>reset>reset network settings this should fix the problem, it worked for me
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nycdiplomat For This Useful Post:

thebug3000 (2008-08-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast