Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

Quote Originally Posted by vomer View Post
    weird...dosent work on rogers
    Think he meant other legit carriers like o2 in uk, att in us, t-mobile in germany?

After replacing the lockdownd file and rebooting, I get the following error right away.

itunes could not connect to the iphone because an unknown error occurred 0xe80000022

If i leave the default file itunes seems to work ok but I have no phone capabilities. Any Ideas?

it's give me a an error when i do the v1.1.2 .... could not run the jailbreak file...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    After replacing the lockdownd file and rebooting, I get the following error right away.

itunes could not connect to the iphone because an unknown error occurred 0xe80000022

If i leave the default file itunes seems to work ok but I have no phone capabilities. Any Ideas?
    Did you make sure you changed the permissions on your new lockdownd file?

Hey! Thanks alot Original Poster! Just completed this in one try! Gave you "Thanks"!..

By any chance is there a way to get Summer Board and Customize to work on installapp? It doesnt seem to let me install it.. Any help would be greatly appreciated... TIA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    Hello. After many unsuccessful attempts, I've finally figured out a way to get everything working natively on 1.1.3. This how-to is for AT&T customers, but a carrier locked O2 customer has confirmed this method is working, so technically other carrier locked iPhones could benefit from this method as well. There's probably a much easier way and one with a million pictures and pretty fonts and colors, but this way worked for me. The basic goal of this guide is to upgrade to stock 1.1.3 and keep the 1.1.3 baseband all the way through the 1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3 jailbreak process, and then transfer over the 1.1.3 lockdownd file.

With this quick how-to you will get:

• 1.1.3 Jailbroken w/ all features
    • Google "Locate Me" working natively(you don't need 3rd party apps to help)
    • Default Ringtones working out of the gate.
    • Processor and Memory clock increase of 1.1.2.
    • Working phone w/ latest baseband
    • Wiggily icons!

Stuff you'll need to have beforehand:

The main headings provide the basic information, and beneath it are the details. Just a couple of warnings up front: you'll lose your current 3rd party apps (oh noes), do not downgrade your baseband, and do not mess with or do anything with your phone or computer while it's doing an update.

so here goes:
    0. Backup your files.

1. Install latest version of iTunes.

2. DFU Restore to 1.1.3 stock

• Connect your phone to your PC and open iTunes.
    • Hold down the power and home buttons on your phone.
    • When your phone goes black and you hear the disconnect beep, release the power button while still holding down the home button. After about 20 seconds or so you'll hear the connect and disconnect beep, and iTunes will show a message about your phone being in recovery mode.
    • Shift-Click on restore and select your 1.1.3 file.
    • After that is complete you should have a relatively normal 1.1.3 phone.

3. DFU Restore to 1.1.1
    • Connect your phone to your PC and open iTunes.
    • Hold down the power and home buttons on your phone.
    • When your phone goes black and you hear the disconnect beep, release the power button while still holding down the home button. After about 20 seconds or so you'll hear the connect and disconnect beep, and iTunes will show a message about your phone being in recovery mode.
    • Shift click on restore, and find your 1.1.1 file.
    • After the restore is complete you'll get an error

4. Normal Recover to 1.1.1
    • After iTunes gives you an error about your first restore, shift-click and restore again, and select the 1.1.1 file again. After the restore is complete you'll get another error.

5. iBrickr .91 to boot your phone.

• Your phone should now be stuck with a connect to itunes message.
    • Extract iBrickr .91, and run the iBrickr.exe
    • Click "boot my phone"
    • Afterwards your phone screen should be red, and your phone will eventually boot up.

6. Jailbreak 1.1.1

• Your phone will say something like "bad sim card" or whatever.
    • Slide for emergency and call *#306#. Then call 0, Hit answer, then hold, then decline.
    • Now hit the contacts button. Make a new contact and give it two URL addresses. prefs: and jailbreakme.com
    • Save your contact and hit the prefs: URL, this will bring you to the services app.
    • Setup your wifi connection, and set the autolock to never, hit the home button.
    • Slide for emergency, dial 0, hit answer, then hold, then decline.
    • Hit contacts again, goto your contact and hit jailbreakme.com, then install appsnapp.
    • Your phone should now be a nice iPod touch.

7. Restore phone from backup or setup as new phone

• iTunes will now recognize your phone, and ask you to restore from backup(if you have one).
    • I restored my phone at this point, because I wanted to keep all the pictures and contacts that I didn't backup. I guess you could just create a new phone if you wanted to.
    • Go ahead and restore (or don't). This might take a while depending on how much music and videos you had.

8. Prep for 1.1.2 Jailbreak

• After the restore is complete, goto installer.app and install Ocktoprep under 1.1.1 tweaks.

9. UPDATE to 1.1.2
    • Go into iTunes and shift click on UPDATE and select your 1.1.2 file. NOTE: Do not hit restore, shift-click UPDATE.
    • After this is complete you'll get an error.

10. Jailbreak 1.1.2
    • Extract the 1.1.2 jailbreak package and open the windows.bat file
    • Tell it to boot your phone.
    • After the boot is complete, don't bother with installing SSH, and tell it to Jailbreak your phone. This jailbreak takes quite a while.

11. Upgrade to 1.1.3

• So we now have our 1.1.2 iPhone jailbroken w/o phone capabilities.
    • Extract the iBrickr 1.1.3 special edition and run the ibrickr.exe.
    • Follow the instructions in the application.

12. Install BSD 2.0 & SSH

• You should now have a 1.1.3 phone without phone capabilities.
    • Run installer.app and don't bother downloading the new version yet.
    • Install BSD subsystem 2.0 under the system heading.
    • Install the latest version of SSH

13. Transfer lockdownd chmod 777
    • Install WinSCP and launch it.
    • Got into your settings app on your phone and find out your phones IP address.
    • In WinSCP click on NEW, type in your phones IP, username is root, password is apline. You can then click on the advanced options and connections and set the timeout to 60 seconds. Click Save.
    • Click Login, after about 30-45 seconds or so you'll be prompted with some big warning message, just hit OK. You should now be looking at your phones file system.
    • On the left side, navigate to the directory where you downloaded the lockdownd file. On the right side of the window, navigate to /usr/libexec.
    • Rename the phone version of lockdownd to lockdownd_old. Drag your new lockdownd file into this directory.
    • Right click on the new file you just transfered over and set the permissions to 0777, or just click all the check boxes in the first second and third columns. Hit OK, and then verify just incase.
    • disconnect your phone, close iTunes, Reboot your phone.
    • Open iTunes, connect your phone. iTunes should instantly activate your phone.

DONE! Everything should work fine now, including your phone, the hybrid google maps, locate me, your default ringtones, and of course installer! Feel free to install all of your applications back! The only other thing I had to do in addition to all of this was re-add my gmail account.
    This worked like a charm for me. Thanks for the guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

If i have OTB 1.1.2 upgraded to 1.1.3 will this work??

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

• In WinSCP click on NEW, type in your phones IP, username is root, password is apline.
    The password should be "alpine," right?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

psybert (2008-01-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    [/LIST]The password should be "alpine," right?
    Man, what a place for a type-o. Yes it should (and now does) read "alpine"

Quote Originally Posted by kutrackkid View Post
    If i have OTB 1.1.2 upgraded to 1.1.3 will this work??
    I'm not 100% sure. There was at least one person with an UK-O2 which is a 1.1.2 OTB phone that was able to get this guide to work.

Anyone else out there get there 1.1.2 OTB to work with this guide?

Do you have to be using Windows XP? I use Vista, will this work the same?

Regarding the new dev-team jailbreak method:

I'm relatively sure you could use this guide with the new dev-team jailbreak procedure in place of natetrues method to get similar results. The only difference is that you need to have BSD/SSH installed on your 1.1.2 phone prior to updating to 1.1.3. For carrier locked customers, you'll still want to start the whole process at 1.1.3 stock to get your baseband set so you can use google's locate me feature.

You should be good to go. No need to mess with the baseband
    Well I can say that the lockdownd patch dont work for cingular folks, it just acts like its not seeing the ATT network. iTunes seems to think the phone is not activated either. And yes I set it to 0777.

Dixit

iTunes says that there is a problem with my phone and that i need to see my closest apple store for help.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I got to do the same procedure if i have a jailbroken firm 1.0.2?

Talking Success
    I went from 1.1.1 - 1.1.3, no 1.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by viperstarpoint9 View Post
    iTunes says that there is a problem with my phone and that i need to see my closest apple store for help.
    start over in DUF mode. back to 1.1.1 for you, soldier.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

haha you beat me to it... i had work all day today... and was going to create this guide, well i did but yeah haha gj mine is here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27601

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast