Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T)

ive done both guides twice over i think there something wrong with the guides, not us.

I Have Done This 3 Times Already...and My Ipod Will Not Work After I Have 1.1.3 Jailbroken....do You Have Any Idea Why That Is Happening?

Thanks!

"Hi Guys,

As I know. When you install Oktoprep and want to upgrade to 1.1.2 you need to Shift click UPDATE BUTTON not Shift + Restore this make the difference.

If you click Shif + Restore to upgrade to 1.1.2 Oktoprep fail on the ugrade."

If I were gay, id totally marry you

wow I just finished activating my iphone thanks for the guide I can comfirm that this guide works 100% thanks agian

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jgdsl For This Useful Post:

mike_carter1 (2008-01-28)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdsl View Post
    ok I need help what do you mean by

Got into your services.app and find out your phones IP address?

cause I can't seem to find the services.app on my iphone any where I download a service.app from installer but it does not tell me my iphone ip adresss plz help cause I am so close and I am stuck
    Im pretty sure he's refering to Settings(on your phones home screen). Go to Settings -- Wi-Fi --> then click the little arrow next to whatever network your connected to, then your IP Address is right there.

to the people having trouble with Ocktoprep 1.12 upgrade, make sure you shift click UPDATE and not RESTORE. Restore will just overwrite your ocktoprep.

*dp*
    Last edited by adrian1480; 2008-01-27 at 02:17 AM.

I got mine up and running with these instructions.

But chanigng the CHMOD to 0777 gave me issues the first time. Can't explain why...but I copied it twice and all was well and the phone went active again.

also before you start, be sure to backup your settings and make sure you UNCHECK to have your phone automatically sync upon connection.

I lost my backup because I didn't.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 2008-01-27 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

WOOOHOO!!! Works!!!

AT LAST LOL!! I can confirm this method works a treat RESULT. Well done!!

wonderful!!!! nw the hard part, gettin, psx,gba,gb,pocket guitar on my iphone...

Superb Tutorial just pay attention to the details like the Shift update not restore also to find the ip address go to wi-Fi and it should be there. Keep it up!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

two hours !!!

bump for the good way to fix these issues.

also, you all might have to do the bossfix for e-mail password saving. other than that, mine was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by vomer View Post
    the lockdownd does not work for other carriers...puts you @ activation screen.
    Wrong. Works fine for me here with o2! Woo hoo - cheers big time to OP

So I take it I should have no problem using this with my Cingular (now ATT obviously) card? I have not unlocked my phone yet because once I activate it say on 1.1.1 using jailbreakme.com my simcard automatically works. Same with 1.1.2. So Im going to assume that since its again another lockdownd patch, that 1.1.3 should work just fine as well.

Dixit

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogjonx View Post
    So I take it I should have no problem using this with my Cingular (now ATT obviously) card? I have not unlocked my phone yet because once I activate it say on 1.1.1 using jailbreakme.com my simcard automatically works. Same with 1.1.2. So Im going to assume that since its again another lockdownd patch, that 1.1.3 should work just fine as well.

Dixit
    You should be good to go. No need to mess with the baseband

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    You should be good to go. No need to mess with the baseband
    Good deal, as I thought then, the lockdownd patch will just activate my SIM for use just as it has been in the previous versions.

Do most or all of the applications work in 1.1.3 even with the whole cant run stuff as root concept?

Dixit

Quote Originally Posted by steve07x View Post
    well here i am and once again i get the same frekin error CRAP!
    Are u sure you're upgrading to 1.1.2 instead of restoring? that error usually happens when you restore.

Quote Originally Posted by quixers View Post
    Wrong. Works fine for me here with o2! Woo hoo - cheers big time to OP
    weird...dosent work on rogers

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast